Got me a Polarizer filter!

If you are speaking about condescending words to those less photographically endowed, the steez recommends the immediate termination of the word, and all words similar to, "noob" as it is demeaning to an individuals character, or v-ego, and is a hazing of sorts and does in no way project or generate the feelings of adequacy, equality or community you so solemnly uphold.

So perhaps instead of taking the time to respond to me, your time would be better spent passing this message on to the rest of our community members.

All in good fun, right! :lmao:

I don't want to or care to fight on with anyone here, but let's all get things straight. I am first of all am still a newbie, I think, and I am also here to help the others. As I said before. Someone simply asked about polarizer filters and this WHOLE thread that I started is for all of those who are INTERESTED in a polarizer filter. This is to show some basic things it does. I am a peace maker and am on here to enjoy what others have done, and to show what I have done to get tips and pointers, and if I can help I will give tips and pointers.

-Christopher

You will notice the difference in the windows mostly. I have such a detailed eye that I even notice how the shadows change and see the antennas on the top? In one pic you can barely see them... in the other you are bright.

i do see a bunch of differences now, the windows darker, the whites whiter, skys darker, foreground a tad brighter

Yeah. These photos I posted show somethings the polarizer can do. I, however, any good examples of how a polarizer can make a photo look really good! Which, if anyone has a nice example, I would be more than happy to see it. It can give me some good tips on how better to use this lens as far as the glare reduction is concerned. I bought it for that, but also for what I read about the contrast and saturation that it adds.

-Christopher

I like Jazz, classical, opera, symphony or any kind of orchestrated music, gospel, and some pop. How about you?

Sometimes I find that the more expensive filters are more difficult to rotate, meaning that it's kinda stuck and u need to use more strength than necessary..or maybe it was just that filter.

Yeah. These photos I posted show somethings the polarizer can do. I, however, any good examples of how a polarizer can make a photo look really good! Which, if anyone has a nice example, I would be more than happy to see it. It can give me some good tips on how better to use this lens as far as the glare reduction is concerned. I bought it for that, but also for what I read about the contrast and saturation that it adds.

-Christopher

This is usually what I use my cpl for. I don't have non-polarized samples but here are a couple of full polarized pics so they may be a little extreme

2550915619_83f37fcb87_o.jpg

2336532372_d3c2d4419c_b.jpg

I wouldn't oil anything- eventually oil will find it's way to the glass. Learn to work with what it is.

I like polarizers to cut the haze and deeper blues in my landscapes;

without polarizer:
480-no-polarizer-9022.jpg

with polarizer:
480-w-polarizer-9023.jpg

product (processed from raw polarized image):
411-lean-to-r9023.jpg

The above were photographed in nearly ideal conditions for a polarizer in landscape. The sun was at a right angle to the filter and parallel to the horizon. I could feel (and see) the the maximum effect because my filter sticks just a little bit in the maximum position- I like that. It feels like it was designed that way.

I like Jazz, classical, opera, symphony or any kind of orchestrated music, gospel, and some pop. How about you?

i listen to a bunch, mosty hard rock/metal. Just asking cause if that's you in your avatar, you look exactly like the vocalists in one of my favorite bands. Howard Jones of Killswitch Engage

WOE!!!! Thanks so much for the polarized images! OH my they look great! All of them! Please! Anyone who is reading this, send more! Love the blue skies on all of your images!

Ha ha I will have to look Howard Jones up in a few minutes. Reminds me of when I was at the Indy 500 practices one year, I was walking around the garages at the race track, and with my sunglasses on a guy asked me to sign my autograph on something. Silly me, I almost did it, and stopped to think, who does he think I am? The guy thought I was George Mac who sadly bumped a friend of mine out of the Indy 500 that year!

-Christopher

Find a section of blue sky that is 90 degrees from the Sun.
The polarizer will have a more pronounced affect at that angle.

Find a body of water and use the polarizer to remove the surface reflection.

You will also note that there are a large number of natural objects that have reflective surfaces (flower, petals ...) that will benefit from polarization.

I used to walk around with the polarizing filter up to my eye ... just to see what is affected.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back