Got the offer of a new camera system

Go ahead and get it, then I can mention that I know someone on the internet, that I don't really know, who has one in 3 out of every 4 of my posts. That way you can stay in the club :cool:

It's not that I wouldn't enjoy a fine machine but I'd hate to spend the money for something that wouldn't change my photography that much and would be a distraction.
If I started to grok it as a machine, that would lead me in a direction that I don't want to go.
I used to drive a big fancy car and quickly got rid of that when I stopped needing to drive clients around.

There are too many ways to not concentrate on the important parts of photography - and for me gear worship is the most worst.
That's also why I don't try to get into shows and competitions (making the big leap of faith that my work might be competitive), I want to take pictures without being diverted about wondering what other people like. Selling I never consider. What crazy person would put something that I shoot on their wall.

It's an odd circumstance, when I get to a part of life where I could buy $tuff, my natural aversion to excess won't let me.

X-Pro1_front_all_lenses_72_a09ef9b9c9.jpg

I probably wouldn't get the X-Pro 1 at this point. It's a bit long in the tooth. I think the XE-2/XT-1 would be a much better option...unless you just really love rangefinders.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back