Gothic Church

Roger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mrlowlight.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few more shots of the Duomo in Milan to accompany the shot in the B&W forum. They are altered infrared colour shots, not toned B&W.
264159862_khACS-L.jpg

264159903_Gzmha-L.jpg

264160144_TsgQi-L.jpg

I like the busy-ness and abstract quality of the flying buttresses in the 2nd one.

the colouring of the first one really makes the shot! second one is sweet, it reminds me of...something.
i dont really like the third one at all though, dunno why, it just seems to empty and cluttered at the same time or something

I like the busy-ness and abstract quality of the flying buttresses in the 2nd one.

thanks glad you like it...outstanding piece of engineering eh.

the colouring of the first one really makes the shot! second one is sweet, it reminds me of...something.
i dont really like the third one at all though, dunno why, it just seems to empty and cluttered at the same time or something

well 2 out of 3 ain't bad, thanks very much....I expected not many people would like the third shot, for me it represents the heavy dominance of a stone buttress against the more delicate spires, also creating a frame at the same time.

thanks glad you like it...outstanding piece of engineering eh.

ehh, not really, the whole point of them is to keep the building from tipping over because they were making churches so large they would collapse on themselves.

very well captured :thumbup:

thanks very much Arch.

ehh, not really, the whole point of them is to keep the building from tipping over because they were making churches so large they would collapse on themselves.

heh heh okay then.

Beautiful building. First picture is my most favourite as it seems to do the most for the scale and beauty of the building.

David

I love seeing old Architecture. We don't much of it around here.. Hell, we dont have anything that is really more than 300 years old..

definately love them, something you would want to look at for a long time to see all the little details

Most reactions

Back