Graffiti for C&C

lyonsroar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I found this graffiti under a bridge whilst on my cycling trip, I had my camera along so I took some shots. Wanted to know how I did on the saturation, etc. I plan to come back with a seksi car soon so I thought I'd get some opinions on the graffiti by itself before I add a car into the equation.

IMG_8327_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

IMG_8319_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

IMG_8316_wm by Lyonsroar91, on Flickr

PS, that's my real name in my photo sig so if you want to friend me on FB, that'd be awesome!

I like shot 2 a lot. Colors look excellent on these.

The saturation looks great... the artwork pops without being overdone.

My thoughts:

#1 & #3: I feel the same way about both of these shots. The sky and the bottom of the bridge seem to distract me from the art.

#2: I absolutely love this... here the graffiti is obviously the subject of the photo... and the muddy puddle with a bit of colorful reflections compliments the subject nicely. Great job on this one.

Pictures of someone else's art work don't usually do much for me but I think this has something special.
If you could maneuver to capture the graffiti reflected in the puddles, sort of #2 revisited, that would be quite interesting.

Pictures of someone else's art work don't usually do much for me but I think this has something special.
If you could maneuver to capture the graffiti reflected in the puddles, sort of #2 revisited, that would be quite interesting.

totally agree with this, it would make a stunning picture. And that graffiti is incredibly intricate. Someone should be doing art galleries rather than tagging bridges...

totally agree with this, it would make a stunning picture. And that graffiti is incredibly intricate. Someone should be doing art galleries rather than tagging bridges...

I could not get any lower down on that. I finally realized the limitations of my equipment; my tripod cannot splay it's legs.

It's not really technically graffiti I guess. It was sanctioned and is legal:
KIOS: The Bike Trail Mural Project begins with four murals on the Keystone Trail this year (2011-08-24)

Yeah, I just checked out your Flickr... I'm not a big fan of cars, but I really dig your outdoor stuff. Keep it comin' :D

Nice Pictures! Very Sharp and Colors are outstanding!

When you go back, you should take a White EVO with Colored Wheels :) Would set it off nice with that backdrop! :)

If i lived in the area I would volunteer my car :) lol

The graffiti looks perfect, and it pops well. Well done.

The graffiti definitely pops, and it looks good, but I can't help but feel it's a touch too oversaturated. Was this by chance an HDR? If so, very well done (you have no haloes, etc.), but again, I feel it's a touch too oversaturated (but just a bit), especially if it's a colourful car you're looking to add. If the car you're looking to photograph is dark, you very well may pull it off. But if it's a yellow/red/bright car you're looking to add, it may be too busy.

...or I may have had just enough Jameson to skew my judgement. =)

Please bring a model back there! That looks like a perfect backdrop!!

Nice work, I like them all but # 2 with the reflection is my favorite. Like the previous posters said, if you could reshoot this and get more of a reflection you would really have something then

Please bring a model back there! That looks like a perfect backdrop!!

Haha that would be funny trying to explain why you want to take someone under a desolate bridge.

1&2 are effin awesome. I like 1 the best. The green's and blues of the environment really compliment the subject well.

#1 seems a bit oversaturated to me, the other 2 kick ass.

I'm a BIG fan of #2. Great use of reflection, and the texture of the mud, and color on the wall really tie together well.

Most reactions

Back