Grand America Tour

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
So the trip has concluded and I finally have left the country for good. My camera scored more than 5000 clicks in this month-long trip, most if used for HDR bracketing.
The route I took was, I left from Ft Lauderdale, FL, stopped at Panama City Beach, New Orleans, Austin, El Paso, Scottsdale, Grand Canyon (South Rim), Hurricane, Zion, Kanab, Grand Canyon North Rim, Page, Antelope Canyon, Monument Valley, Moab, Arches National Park, Salt Lake City, Bonneville Salt Flat, Biose, Yellowstone, back to Boise, Cannon Beach, Neah Bay, Cape Flattery and finally Seattle. I was at Key West earlier this year so I wanted to to the tip to tip trip.

I officially crossed 12 states + Florida ( Montana and Wyoming was brief cus I was in Yellowstone), managed to take photos of the state signs except Wyoming, it was almost unnoticeable.

I know people will get annoyed if I post too many photos, so I will post just a few here and you can click on the link to see more.

New Orleans
DSC_5789.jpg

Bastrop TX
08_1.jpg

El Paso, TX
DSC_6345.jpg

Zion
DSC_7268_1.jpg

Antelope Canyon
7946_HDR_1_photomatrix.jpg

Monument Valley
Pano02.jpg

Bonneville Salt Flat
DSC_9007.jpg

(Yes that's me, and DO NOT do this with your own car unless you want to spend the rest of the week cleaning salt off )

Yellowstone
DSC_9629_1.jpg

Neah Bay
HDR16.jpg

Cape Flattery (meh)
DSC_0457.jpg

and finally, Seattle
DSC_0619.jpg

( Taken at Pike Market )

Photo album:
Grand American Tour 2011 pictures by molested_cow - Photobucket
Use the menu on the right side of the page to go to specific locations.

Blog:
Cowing Around
Stories and photos and personal accounts.

Feel free to link any photo you want to talk about. Crits are welcome although this is more of show and tell.

On a side note, I started using Photomatrix Pro recently and absolutely love it, so you will see a lot of tone mapped images. They are probably over done, but I am still learning the software.

Some well done shots there. Looks like it was fun! Is that a brothel in the first image? Haha

Some nice stuff!!! You have a good eye and a great spirit. I like the starscape at Zion, and I THOUGHT I HAD MY FILL FOR LIFE of Antelope Canyon photos, but, you know, YOURS is the first new,exciting, interesting shot of it I have seen in a year or more....it's just been DONE TO DEATH, but your rendering of the colors and the textures is very exciting visually! Making an exciting shot of such a shopworn, cliched place as Antelope Canyon is really an accomplishment to be proud of!

Hi Derrel, thanks for the comments. Have you been to Antelope Canyon? It's like a battle field!!! Had to fight with other tourists and photographers for the spot. Every shot is almost a lucky shot. Also, very dangerous place for cameras because of sand. I was using AF-D 35-70mm lens for second part of the tour and sand started raining from above and got into the lens. It got so bad at one point that I pretty much lost auto focus because the motor couldn't move the sand clogged lens. It's much better now though. Tripod suffered badly as well.

The first one is at the French Quarter in New Orleans. There are also other brands, like Barely Legal, Penthouse, Hustler etc.

Someday I plan to embark on a road trip....6 months nonstop.

Awesome. I'll check out the whole gallery when I get a chance.

Most reactions

Back