Grand Central Station

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Grand Central Station NYC, I would love some critique on how to make shots like this better... be harsh

dsc0526cb8.jpg

Amazing shot, only problem i really see is it is a little crooked isn't it?

Oh I don't know, shorter exposure, maybe a white balance adjustment or some post color balance. Depends on what you were shooting for. Want to see an edit?

-Shea

BTW - I was going to say something harsh, but my since of humor is already borderline. :mrgreen:

P.S. don't confuse parallax with a tilted camera.

Oh I don't know, shorter exposure, maybe a white balance adjustment or some post color balance. Depends on what you were shooting for. Want to see an edit?

-Shea

BTW - I was going to say something harsh, but my since of humor is already borderline. :mrgreen:

Sure give me an edit... the lighting is already really yellow in grand central so i was trying to stay with that...

go ahead and be harsh!:whip:

In what way aren't you satisfied with it?

If anything, I'd be inclined to cool down the colour balance a little, and to either crop the flag out or get it all in.

By the way, that is Grand Central Terminal, not Grand Central Station.

Best,
Helen

Ok, just for fun here are some tweaks, including a parallax adjustment and some color balance. No right VS wrong, just something to look at.
skiborder72-GCS.jpg

-Shea

Oh, and take a bath! :wink:

Ok, just for fun here are some tweaks, including a parallax adjustment and some color balance. No right VS wrong, just something to look at.
skiborder72-GCS.jpg

-Shea

Oh, and take a bath! :wink:

That looks great, what did you do in photoshop just do some messing around with the lens correction stuff? I'm not sure how I feel about the decreased color though... anyways I'm off to take a shower... baths are for females

Besides the crookedness I like the first one better...

Its a great shot nonetheless but its not original. Everyone that goes to the grand central sets there camera on the banister and takes a long exposure.

I really like the shot though, i like how the ceiling looks in it. (if that makes any sense)

Its a great shot nonetheless but its not original. Everyone that goes to the grand central sets there camera on the banister and takes a long exposure.

I really like the shot though, i like how the ceiling looks in it. (if that makes any sense)

I think you hit the nail on the head... its pretty boring composition, everyone does take that shot... i should have pushed over the security guards and gone somewhere more exciting...

Hang around until just before closing time when the place is nearly empty, and the guards are playing catch with the sniffer dogs on the slick tiles.

Hang around until just before closing time when the place is nearly empty, and the guards are playing catch with the sniffer dogs on the slick tiles.

this was actually shot at 1am... so it was almost closing time, i didn't feel like missing my train as the next one was at 6am... i'll do alot of things for a great shot but not that :)

Most reactions

Back