Green Leafs, C&C

JamieR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know selective colouring isn't really favoured here on TPF, but i thought i would give it a shot, i like the way this turned out.

1/160s
f/2.8
ISO100
50mm

3637364875_d26e31b120_o.jpg

color wise it looks quite nice, but the aspect ratio of the image looks wrong, it looks stretched?

Thank you.

It's not stretched, i purposely shot it like that.

It's cropped,, but that's about it.

The stretched look is probably due to the angle of the shot in combination with the wider-than-usual crop. It kind of makes it look like you took a shot with a normal aspect ratio and then stretched the sides. The borders on the top and bottom probably add to the effect. You could reduce it pretty easily, though, and improve the composition in the process.

The colored part should really draw the eye, and as it is now I think the color is too spread out horizontally for it to do this effectively. The colored leaves on the left and right distract from the larger and better placed cluster that seems to be the main subject. Also, coloring the one on the right draws attention to the fact that is cut off by the edge of the shot. I would suggest cropping the one off the right side and removing the color from the group on the left. This will reduce the aspect ratio and stretched look a bit and give a more focused subject. If it still looks stretched, you could try cropping some off the left too or reducing the size of the borders.

The whole i idea of this shot was to flow across the photo from bottom left to upper right. I guess it didn't work.

Most reactions

Back