Greetings from Chattanooga, Tennessee, the Scenic Center of The South

WilliamK1974

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone,

This is my first posting. I live near Chattanooga, Tennessee. If you're familiar with this area, you'll know that we have an abundance of wonderful outdoor activities and beautiful scenery, and we're not too far away from two big cities.

So far, I still shoot film, which can mean that I don't get to do as much shooting as I used to. We used to have several local and a couple of chain photo stores around here that sold all kinds of film and offered personalized development services, but the marketplace has changed. It takes a little more planning, but it's no less enjoyable than it used to be. I use several different cameras, from an F90X to my grandfather's Nikon F to a Pentax Spotmatic and 1.4 Takumar lens that I picked up for next to nothing on ebay. I'm kind of in that space between beginner and intermediate.

I appreciate that there are helpful individuals out there who will participate in forums such as this one so folks like me can benefit from their knowledge.

Welcome, I'm about an hour south of you in Bama. I started with film in 60's, but predominately digital now.

Hello everyone,

This is my first posting. I live near Chattanooga, Tennessee. If you're familiar with this area, you'll know that we have an abundance of wonderful outdoor activities and beautiful scenery, and we're not too far away from two big cities.

So far, I still shoot film, which can mean that I don't get to do as much shooting as I used to. We used to have several local and a couple of chain photo stores around here that sold all kinds of film and offered personalized development services, but the marketplace has changed. It takes a little more planning, but it's no less enjoyable than it used to be. I use several different cameras, from an F90X to my grandfather's Nikon F to a Pentax Spotmatic and 1.4 Takumar lens that I picked up for next to nothing on ebay. I'm kind of in that space between beginner and intermediate.

I appreciate that there are helpful individuals out there who will participate in forums such as this one so folks like me can benefit from their knowledge.
Welcome to the Forum!

Nice to have you here :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back