Greetings from Long Island

bullitt411

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello TPF World,

I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself, and confirm my status as a complete noob to photography in every sense of the word. At least I'm a quick study so I have something going for me I guess. I've spent the past month or so testing out different camera's and dumping about 2k pages of camera information into my brain so hopefully I'm getting off on the right foot. I ultimately decided on a Nikon D7000 and cut some costs by going with some "starter"ish lenses that encompass the totality of shooting I'm interested in.

Myself, I'm a stay at home father of 2 & 3 year old girls. I'm retired from the NYC Police Dept, which is a far cry (no pun intended) from child rearing. I've always been interested in photography albeit on a much smaller level than this arena, but decided it was time to escape poop diapers and screaming children for a few hours a week and reclaim a piece of myself to pursue one of my interests.

Thanks in advance to all the contributors to the forum, your wealth of knowledge does not go unnoticed or unappreciated. Hopefully someday I'll be on that side of the fence, helping others who are new to the forum.

Dennis

Most reactions

New Topics

Back