Greetings from the wonderful world of Essex.

AJPhotographic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello!
I thought I'd introduce myself. I'm Alex, and lately I've been making a timelapse film. I used to shoot a lot of long exposure and landscapes and I guess my interest in timelapse has grown from that. I also sometimes use HDR for the wider dynamic range it can offer and the interesting effect it has in timelapse.
I use a Canon 600D and a few different lenses, sometimes with a 10 stop ND filter for really dragging the shutter speed down, and I edit all the Raw files in Lighroom.

I'm here to share my work amongst what looks like quite a talented community and hopefully get some feedback and some more inspiration.
It's not just about timelapse though. What I really like in photographs is motion and the different ways it can be captured.

Below is my timelapse film and a few of my favourite shots from my flickr page.

Thanks for reading, enjoy! Alex.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/bCQRrH]Panoramics at dusk mirrored by Alex Woolaway, on Flickr[/URL]

weir light trails by Alex Woolaway, on Flickr

Wallasea Island Sunset by Alex Woolaway, on Flickr

Lovely photos Alex. I'm new here too but haven't managed to upload any photos yet. Can I ask what ND filters you use? I bought a cheap kit and was unimpressed by the colour cast so I'm not sure how much I realistically need to spend to get a reasonable result.

I really enjoyed the timelapse, so much work. I must have missed it when you posted 2 weeks ago. I see by your messages you only left 3, hopefully you'll be back to share some more of that work

Welcome to TPF

Great photos & a nice timelapse, must have taken quite a lot of work!
I didn't have time to watch it when I first saw your post.
Am I right in thinking your from the area round Southend - the shot(s) of Brighton pier did cause some doubt, but I sure at least some are Southend. :)
I'm right at the other end of the county on the Suffolk border.

Lovely photos Alex. I'm new here too but haven't managed to upload any photos yet. Can I ask what ND filters you use? I bought a cheap kit and was unimpressed by the colour cast so I'm not sure how much I realistically need to spend to get a reasonable result.
Thank you. I use a B&W 110 MRC 10 stop filter, which is conveniently to same size as both of my main lenses. It wasn't cheap but it's a flawless piece of glass and I would recommend B&W filters, they even screw on really nicely. It does give a slight rose sepia kind of colour cast to the image but I quite like that, and the raw files are fine to edit colourwise in lightroom. I plan to get the 6 stop version at the end of this year, I find that 10 stops is sometimes too much.
Sorry for the 7 month delay btw.

I really enjoyed the timelapse, so much work. I must have missed it when you posted 2 weeks ago. I see by your messages you only left 3, hopefully you'll be back to share some more of that work

Welcome to TPF
Thank you ever so much. I didn't count the hours but it must have been hundreds.

I joined a few photo sites at the start of this year and totally lost track of this one. It's back in my bookmarks now though.

I've not managed to share much in the way of content this year as free time has been a little scarce and this is such a time consuming hobby. I've decided to put together a few shorter clips, mostly from testing techniques and preparing for a longer film I plan to put together next year.

Great photos & a nice timelapse, must have taken quite a lot of work!
I didn't have time to watch it when I first saw your post.
Am I right in thinking your from the area round Southend - the shot(s) of Brighton pier did cause some doubt, but I sure at least some are Southend. :)
I'm right at the other end of the county on the Suffolk border.
Hi, Thank you. Capturing the footage didn't feel like hard work, but at times, editing it together did.

I moved near to Southend a few years ago, it's not too bad living by the sea. Most of the shots were from around Southend, Leigh and Wallasea because I didn't want to travel too far just to practice. I think the technique is getting there, now I'm venturing further afield seeking more interesting composition.

A belated welcome!

Excellent photographs!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back