Gros Ventre Wilderness

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
I feel that there is too much going on here. Let me know your thoughts. This is an abandoned stone pulling machine left to rot in the Gros Ventre wilderness.

1740GVMachine49.jpg

That is cool as crap! Looks like a motion picture screen...so vivid! WTG!!!

I think it is really cool. There is a ton of stuff going on there, but I think the combination of the gorgeous scenery with the rusty, beat up metal is really interesting.

Thanks for the comments!!! I shot near 90 frames of this in about half an hour. The sun was at 10 am, which may as well be noon in the Gros Ventre. Next attempt will be closer to 7pm.

I think it's fantastic as well. I agree 100% with everyone else - I just wish the light had have been constant inside the metal box thingie - would a fill flash have achieved that?

Great DOF! :thumbsup:

-Do you have a BW version of this?
-You might want to try this at sunrise and set.

great shot craig! I love the composition and colors

I think this a great photo. The colors of the landscape are stunning.

Yes, very arresting image. The contrast between the rotting shed and this pristine wilderness is jarring to the eye.

A tad blown on the right side of the interior wall, which is the only nitpick I can find here. :wink:

Excellent! :D

Nice composition. Really cool contrast...its like you totally seperated the foreground from the background.

Most reactions

Back