Guess the Shutter Count Results!

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I posted the results in the original thread but it's getting buried in new posts so thought I would make a new thread.

Well, we have the answer!

Drumroll please......

No wonder they overhauled and rebuilt the shutter.

Looks like the BillM with a guess of 337847 and Sharon (sm4him) who guessed 270 000 (had a "no going over" rule applied) have the closest guesses!

I'd like to offer the both of you a print "Secret Santa Style" (I'll send you the file of your choosing and you can get a print made if you wish), just shoot me a PM :)

Hmmm, bump?

I completely missed that thread. That was so going to be my guess.

Wow! thats amazing.

YEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow! That's srs bsns there. Way more than it's rated for, I'm guessing.

Completely missed this thread! Wowee Kazowie Pix!! That's a whole lotta actuating goin' on!

That's more than twice as many pictures as I've taken in the same period of time. No wonder you got better than me so fast!
I blame that pesky full-time job that cramps my style and takes 40+ hours of my shooting time away... :lmao: (For the record: I am THANKFUL for my job! I will gladly trade 40 hours of shooting time for the pleasure of having food and not having to live under the local highway bridge. I just thought I should make that clear, in case God decided I was complaining about having a job...)

So, the next question is:
Are you going to try to slow down on the shutter actuations, to preserve the life of your camera, or are you just going to start a fund to buy a suitable replacement? :D

Even though I was embarassingly far from the actual number, I'll definitely take you up on the image for printing, because I love your work! I'll just have to find time to go through and decide WHICH ONE!

Glad you have your baby back, Pix!

I completely missed that thread. That was so going to be my guess.
Well drats, better be faster next time! ;)
Wow! thats amazing.
Crazy huh? lol
YEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow! That's srs bsns there. Way more than it's rated for, I'm guessing.
Yep, rated for 100 000 so it did well!
Completely missed this thread! Wowee Kazowie Pix!! That's a whole lotta actuating goin' on!

That's more than twice as many pictures as I've taken in the same period of time. No wonder you got better than me so fast!
I blame that pesky full-time job that cramps my style and takes 40+ hours of my shooting time away... :lmao: (For the record: I am THANKFUL for my job! I will gladly trade 40 hours of shooting time for the pleasure of having food and not having to live under the local highway bridge. I just thought I should make that clear, in case God decided I was complaining about having a job...)

So, the next question is:
Are you going to try to slow down on the shutter actuations, to preserve the life of your camera, or are you just going to start a fund to buy a suitable replacement? :D

Even though I was embarassingly far from the actual number, I'll definitely take you up on the image for printing, because I love your work! I'll just have to find time to go through and decide WHICH ONE!

Glad you have your baby back, Pix!

Yay you saw the thread! I was hoping you just hadn't seen it yet and that's why no response, was starting to wonder ;) lol

You are 100% correct, you have 40hrs less a week than I do, I always say I'm insanely lucky and have no clue what I did to deserve being able to have my camera by my side all the time and the freedom to always shoot (well, other than taking good care of Mr. Rabbit lol).

Funny you ask if I'm going to slow down, a while back I did some soul searching, I was so totally over going through mounds of images that often repeated the same "good" shot over and over again, I suppose in a way I didn't trust myself to have gotten the shot and perhaps this next one will be that tiny bit sharper, tiny bit better... somehow. for about 6 months now I've been very conscious of how many shots I take and remind myself to move on sooner to the next one.

I HATE to say it but I think not having my baby for a while actually helped, it slowed me down, got me to use other gear, made me appreciate my camera for it's strengths where the others were weak etc... In the past few days since I got it back I have taken some of my best/favourite shots :)

I'm so glad you enjoy my work Sharon! I look forward to seeing which one you choose :)

My mommy was right, I AM A WINNER !!!!!!

:greenpbl:

I'm going through you photo's right now :thumbup:

Woot! Congrats Bill !

Here is a link to my 500px portfolio, it is best organized or sets on flickr so you aren't going through a mass of confusion and squirrels!

Judi Smelko

I went through Facebook and I didn't need to look long, I stopped at "In The Field". My sister and her husband have a farm in Maine, I'll get that printed and framed for her. She will absolutely love it !!!!!! :mrgreen:

Ah awesome Bill! :) I'll get the file ready and send it off this aft.

Thanks PR !!!!

You are so very welcome Bill :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back