Hair across the face

ericonoahu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
With the understanding that everyone should "do their own thing" or "find their own voice" to some extent, I request your personal likes and dislikes on this.

I'm talking as little as a hair or few, or entire locks.

For example:

p444211491-5.jpg

That's no glamour shot. Its not fashion. It won't sell makeup. I wasn't going for that. That said, are the stray locks around her eyes and forehead a big problem for you? How about the few individuals near the mouth?

I shoot outdoors mostly. Some of my shots of people with long hair the breeze will catch it and blow it across their face. A lot of times I love the look of this so don't go to great lengths to prevent it.

Does anyone feel "no hair on the face" is one of those rules like "don't cut off hands and feet" that should be followed to the greatest extent possible? Or is it more like one of those things without a rule and entirely depends on what the photographer wants?

Maybe this was more a C&C post - apologies if that's the case.

I really like it. It gives it more of an authentic look than a Photoshop look. But if you were to edit out some, I'd say get rid of whats on her cheek on the right side of her face.

I would prefer to see it without the strands around her mouth, the others are fine for a nicely executed casual portrait.

...if you were to edit out some, I'd say get rid of whats on her cheek on the right side of her face.

I agree - definitely not finished with this one. Seems those individual strands just make it look messy.

If anything a touch overexposed but nothing that couldn't be remedied in a little PP :thumbup:

Agreed again. Thanks for that.

I would prefer to see it without the strands around her mouth...

Thanks... I was a little conflicted on those but you guys have tipped me. I think hairs near the mouth are going to be a problem almost always as are individual stray strands. Great responses and feedback so far - it has helped me solidify my thinking on this. Much appreciated.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back