Halloween!

mygrain said:
blutiful said:
mygrain said:
Every other year I go as Jack O lantern. I get a large pumpkin and carve a jackolantern out from the bottom and cut a hole big enough to slide my head into and dress up in overhauls and flannel shirt and old work boots. I usually paint the pumkin to and even creepier state and hang a glow stick inside. It's usually a big hit and most people freak when they find it's a real pumpkin.

:D

sounds like a great costume...every other year? What do you dress up as in the off years?

I usually go as"crazy gunman" dressed in black rain gear and a gasmask toting a toy machine gun. I scared the hell out of some friends a few years ago. They were outback at a party and I jumped from around the corner and pulled the noisey trigger and they thought I was the police raiding the party. Oh what great fun. That was the year my good friend Ian who happens to look like a werewolf(size and hairiness) dressed in nothing but a diaper and dawned a real battle axe. He is such a freak!!! I actually saw this guy eat an entire pint of ice cream and then say" That tasted so good, I think I'll eat it again" and followed by upchucking it BACK INTO THE CONTAINER and promtly ate it again...NO LIE!!! There were about 100 witnesses in the student union at the time. Oh I miss that guy too. He moved away and got married and had a kid of all things. Scary, no? :shock:

Ok, now I think the gallon and a half of ice cream in my freezer will go bad before I ever get the stomach to eat it again.

mygrain said:
blutiful said:
mygrain said:
Every other year I go as Jack O lantern. I get a large pumpkin and carve a jackolantern out from the bottom and cut a hole big enough to slide my head into and dress up in overhauls and flannel shirt and old work boots. I usually paint the pumkin to and even creepier state and hang a glow stick inside. It's usually a big hit and most people freak when they find it's a real pumpkin.

sounds like a great costume...every other year? What do you dress up as in the off years?

I usually go as"crazy gunman" dressed in black rain gear and a gasmask toting a toy machine gun. I scared the hell out of some friends a few years ago. They were outback at a party and I jumped from around the corner and pulled the noisey trigger and they thought I was the police raiding the party. Oh what great fun. That was the year my good friend Ian who happens to look like a werewolf(size and hairiness) dressed in nothing but a diaper and dawned a real battle axe. He is such a freak!!! I actually saw this guy eat an entire pint of ice cream and then say" That tasted so good, I think I'll eat it again" and followed by upchucking it BACK INTO THE CONTAINER and promtly ate it again...NO LIE!!! There were about 100 witnesses in the student union at the time. Oh I miss that guy too. He moved away and got married and had a kid of all things. Scary, no? :shock:

that's too funny. Good costume, bet your friends were pissed when they found out it was you crashing their party ;)

Whoa, that was a little tmi on the 2nd helping of ice cream :no smile: :puke: Sounds like a fun guy!

and, kids arent evil, they can sometimes bee....err, uh...angelically challenged?

blutiful said:
mygrain said:
blutiful said:
mygrain said:

that's too funny. Good costume, bet your friends were pissed when they found out it was you crashing their party ;)

Whoa, that was a little tmi on the 2nd helping of ice cream :no smile: :puke: Sounds like a fun guy!

and, kids arent evil, they can sometimes bee....err, uh...angelically challenged?

Oh it's not the kid that's scary..it's Ian as a father is what's scary. And the fact a female found him appealing enough to go the extra mile- that too is scary. Remeber I said he looks like a werewolf and is probably the most insane fellow I've ever met (and I know a two that are legal loonies). Somehow he's just slipped through the looney radar.

uhhh and again... we don't have Halloween :( So upsetting...

nope,,, but now some kids are walking around the streets and asking for sweets, but it is not our custom, it's not our culture and many people feel annoyed that we copy American customs.
So ... no Halloween. Fortuantely we can talk about it and dress during our English lessons :)

Walt said:
I thought I should go to work as the grim reaper but I keep getting told that wouldn't be an apropriate thing for a paramedic to do. :?

:smileys:

Man, that's funny!... Imagine a poor victim hoping to get some med help seeing the grim reaper getting closer! Sorry, I don't mean to laugh about this but it is funny!

I guess a patients reaction would be something like: Gee, I didn't think I was THAT sick! :shock:

The fun part about my job is that we give Halloween concerts every year and all musicians come dressed as they wish. My best costume was a Count Dracula, of course! My mom was born in Transylvania (really!) and I have a slight 'romanian' accent, so the job was half done. Slicked my hair, grayed my exposed skin (head and hands), added some dark circles under eyes, made fingernails look purple and added some fake blood and finally dressed in black tails with a black cape around the shoulders.

It was fun!

Ha, that sounds awesome, Mitica. :D

<<<----the O-dog here is always very worried when the doorbell rings....he gets all snorty and indignant. It's a little bothersome to hide him from the pizza delivery man, but Halloween isn't near as much fun as in the pre-Odin years. :roll: Damn dog!

In the same boat as Mentos .... Halloween isnt an Aussie custom. When i was younger , I used to wish we did have it so that we could dress up , go out trick o'treatin and generally run amok like hooligans......ah well.

We also have a few kiddies startin to take up the trick o'treatin and costumes thing tho .... they've seen too many american shows and dont wanna miss out on the fun ;).

In other news:

US schools have banned Halloween because officials are worried about offending real witches.

Students who turn up in costume could be sent home from schools in Puyallup School District in Washington state.

Officials told a local TV station that followers of the Wiccan religion had complained about the way Halloween was celebrated.

Spokeswoman Karen Hansen said: "School officials have been reviewing the Halloween tradition and decided that time could be better spent.

"Schools are teaching students to be respectful and take account of the discomfort felt by others. Witches with pointy noses are not respective symbols of the Wiccan religion."

The authority was also concerned that Halloween wasted valuable class time and that the costumes were too expensive for many families.

:roll: :roll::roll: :roll::roll: :roll::roll: :roll::roll: :roll::roll: :roll:

pilgrim said:
I wanan try and talk my buddy into going as silent bob.. and I could be jay.. haha
only problem is... between the two if us im the more silent one... but he looks a lot more like silent bob ;)

I'll be Brody

voodoocat said:
In other news:

US schools have banned Halloween because officials are worried about offending real witches.

That's just plain stupid IMHO! What's next, banning X-mas for the fear of not offending people who don't observe it? :roll:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back