Hama Polarizer?

marka87uk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi - as I have an adaptor for my P&S so I can use 43mm filters, I've decided to look at a polarizer as I'm pretty sure it will help with quite a few shots - particularly car ones to reduce glare?

Has anyone used a Hama one before? It's only about £15 so I know what you will likely say, but I don't want to spend a lot on one, plus I've heard that they are in fact rebranded Hoya ones with the same glass for budget use in the UK...

Any views on this or other polarizers to go for would be appreciated!

Thanks! :)

I've not heard of Hama, but if in fact, they are simply a 'rebanded' Hoya, they'll be at least half-decent. IMO, the polarizer is the most important filter in any photographer's collection, regardless of what camera they use. They improve saturation and colour contrast, remove reflections, and reduce haze. There are very few occasions when a sunny, outdoor shot can't be improved with the use of a CPOL.

Don't forget that the effect is dependant on your position relative to the sun. For best effect, shoot when the sun is low in the sky, and as close to 90 deg to the lens as possible.

Most reactions

Back