Hamburg Port (from sunset to deep dusk) (14 pics - be warned!)

Duncan, I tried hardest to get the horizons straight but ... :roll: nobody is perfect ... :er:

Thank you for coming and commenting, Thorhammer, since it WERE your photos that made me go into Hamburg in the first place and your saying "Go to that place you mentioned, I would like to see the pics".

esjayyell, that boat with the red strip is the boat of the water police :D. It was forbidden to walk around that area, but I did not care and went there all "innocently" right in front of the water police building :greenpbl:

Chiller :blushing: thank you - it was fun being there and finding good spot and taking the pics.

Thanks :D ... feels good to hear that being said by such an expert as you are, Sky.

Cori..thanks for the link...I liked those ships...those dreamy sky...and the starry lights :D

As you I also had few photos like these...but I lost it because of technical error ;)

3 belongs in a Shipping catelog of some kind and the curvy bridge in 10 do it for me.
Some of these shots (5 and 4) would really benefit from early morning light...from behind you. (Which I would imagine create a darker sky in the background and a redish glow on the subjects.
Very nice series.

Well thats a lot of Photos, well, a lot of GOOD photos but I think there is one thing missing from them.... GREEN :lol:

Excellent set of photos
The first 3 are my favorites

Thanks Moni, Lee and Andy ... and hey, if you believe it or not: it really were the colours blue and orange that I went for in the first place this time. Can you believe it???? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Wow, you actually now revived this ancient old thread! :D The photos are from Summer 2006 :D!!!

LaFoto these are awesome. I was in Hamburg last year for four days (Saw the LionKing) and the weather was rainy so I did not take any hafenle pictures. Hafenle - Like My Schawbisch English.

Well, since you'll be coming to the meet-up, all I can hope for is nice weather at the end of May (!!!!) to give you the chance to actually DO take some photos of the "Hafen" (no "-le" ... it is too big for that :D) and of other places in Hamburg!!! :D You are still sure that you ARE coming, aren't you. Then go to the "Urgent"-thread in the Meet-Up Forum and say "YES", please.

number 1 is awsome, great stuff!

Wow, you actually now revived this ancient old thread! :D The photos are from Summer 2006 :D!!!

LMAO!!!! I'm so glad you brought up when the photos were from.... I hadn't noticed...... and I've been sitting here for the last 10 minutes scratching my head trying to figure out how the heck that this time of year, on the latitude you're on, you took those pics of the SUN between 9:30 and 10:30..... and with no snow in sight to boot!!!

:hail::hail::hail: Thanks for solving the mystery for me..... I think that one would have kept me up all night! :hail::hail::hail:

Jason

P.S The pics are great, too! Favourites would be 2 and 12.

Lovely set, I really like the experiment with the shutter/aperture settings on the last three shots its good to see I'm not the only one playing around with those settings constantly trying to find the perfect balance!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back