What's new

handfishing

I don't particularly think hand fishing is sane either. You reach blindly into a hole that could have a fish, or a muskrat, or beaver, or snapping turtle, or poisonous snake. You're all nuts! ;)
 
With that said I will get a double with cheese

I have to agree.

Here's dinner. Beef rump, rubbed with hungarian paparika, red pepper, black pepper, nutmeg and a dash of cardamon, and seared; glazed with hazlenut oil and readied for slow roasting later this afternoon.

$_DSC4540.webp
 
Nice! (might look better with that big FISH beside it too) =)
 
Unpopular, if I hope a jet to get there, you sharing?? Looks good.

I personally don't have a problem with someone that things is cruel or mean or whatever. Don't tell me what to eat and I won't tell you. (Plus, if they don't eat it, that leaves more for me.)
 
Unpopular, if I hope a jet to get there, you sharing?? Looks good.

I personally don't have a problem with someone that things is cruel or mean or whatever. Don't tell me what to eat and I won't tell you. (Plus, if they don't eat it, that leaves more for me.)

I just consider it as doing my part up here on the top of the food chain. :lmao:
 
I find this photo offensive. As an activist for the humane treatment of disabled animals I do not appreciate seening a disabled flathead being taken advantage of like this.

It is disgusting and I can not believe that any sane, respectable person would do this.

What do you eat then? Are you a vegetarian? When they say "disabled" is that the name of the fish or is that a term they are using to describe the fish? I am just curious about your views on this because I have never heard of hand fishing before. What is offensive about this photo compared to just regular fishing with a pole? I am not disagreeing with you, I am really just interested in your views on this.
 
Kathy, I have no idea what he's talking about and won't speak for him. As for hand fishing or noodling or grappling. That is where you put your hand in a hole in the body of water and if you feel a fish, you grab them by the mouth with your hand and pull them our of the hole and water. There is no hook involved so in that regard the fish is not harmed (until you prepare it for eating.).

Honestly, in my 43 years, I have never seen a fish that was harmed in the act of hand fishing. I've seen lots of humans with cuts and scraps and bites as a result of it.
 
Unpopular, if I hope a jet to get there, you sharing?? Looks good.

I personally don't have a problem with someone that things is cruel or mean or whatever. Don't tell me what to eat and I won't tell you. (Plus, if they don't eat it, that leaves more for me.)

In the oven now at 275°, dinner will be whenever it reaches a nice, bloody 130°+standing rare!
 
Thank you Mustang!! I have several scar's from some giant catfish. My biggest and worst was a 58 pound flathead that refused to let go and took me underwater, had it not been for a friend I would not have made it home. Noodlin is not for the timid and not to be done alone. No were not insane were just different
 
Kathy, I have no idea what he's talking about and won't speak for him. As for hand fishing or noodling or grappling. That is where you put your hand in a hole in the body of water and if you feel a fish, you grab them by the mouth with your hand and pull them our of the hole and water. There is no hook involved so in that regard the fish is not harmed (until you prepare it for eating.).

Honestly, in my 43 years, I have never seen a fish that was harmed in the act of hand fishing. I've seen lots of humans with cuts and scraps and bites as a result of it.

Well hell, that doesn't sound too bad to me. I love fishing. I prefer a bobber, worms, and a 6 pack of Coronas though. Isn't there a show on about that right now? Put Mike Rowe in it and I'm game. I pretty much love him. Do you wear gloves?
 
Kathy, I have no idea what he's talking about and won't speak for him. As for hand fishing or noodling or grappling. That is where you put your hand in a hole in the body of water and if you feel a fish, you grab them by the mouth with your hand and pull them our of the hole and water. There is no hook involved so in that regard the fish is not harmed (until you prepare it for eating.).

Honestly, in my 43 years, I have never seen a fish that was harmed in the act of hand fishing. I've seen lots of humans with cuts and scraps and bites as a result of it.

Well hell, that doesn't sound too bad to me. I love fishing. I prefer a bobber, worms, and a 6 pack of Coronas though. Isn't there a show on about that right now? Put Mike Rowe in it and I'm game. I pretty much love him. Do you wear gloves?

Yes, there are actually two shows that center about handfishing. Both are set in Oklahoma. I will have to agree with you, that I'd rather have a pole, bait and beer to do my fishing.

Some people do wear gloves, some don't. I didn't the times that I went. (As a kid with Dad and friends).
 
Kathy, I have no idea what he's talking about and won't speak for him. As for hand fishing or noodling or grappling. That is where you put your hand in a hole in the body of water and if you feel a fish, you grab them by the mouth with your hand and pull them our of the hole and water. There is no hook involved so in that regard the fish is not harmed (until you prepare it for eating.).

Honestly, in my 43 years, I have never seen a fish that was harmed in the act of hand fishing. I've seen lots of humans with cuts and scraps and bites as a result of it.

Well hell, that doesn't sound too bad to me. I love fishing. I prefer a bobber, worms, and a 6 pack of Coronas though. Isn't there a show on about that right now? Put Mike Rowe in it and I'm game. I pretty much love him. Do you wear gloves?

Yes, there are actually two shows that center about handfishing. Both are set in Oklahoma. I will have to agree with you, that I'd rather have a pole, bait and beer to do my fishing.

Some people do wear gloves, some don't. I didn't the times that I went. (As a kid with Dad and friends).

That is pretty crazy. Some of the guys do that with catfish right? Now that is nuts because of the size of their barbels. My family has a lake house at the Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri and I always drive over to the dam just to see the massive catfish. It is really a site to see.
 
I have never worn gloves and it is kinda nut's to do it but more people get hurt in football than we do noodling. It is catfish only. I have been there in Missouri but never noodled there. I went noodling in South Arkansas and was having a blast until I saw an alligator in the water. Was th eend of noodling then. I dont think a gator would come out as easy as a catfish.....
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom