Has anyone else noticed ...

I've been trying to find a new D7000 for the past month and only Sears has it...but I don't want it that bad!

[I'd rather shoot with a broken cardboard pinhole box than purchase from sears

What's wrong with buying from Sears? The camera in the box is the exact same thing as a camera shop. :er:

bhop said:
What's wrong with buying from Sears? The camera in the box is the exact same thing as a camera shop. :er:

I second this thought.

It's rough. It might not be in the news much anymore, but that destruction is still taking it's toll. I'm about to move there next month. I hope I'm not completely cut off.

Wow, I'm glad I bought when I did. I just got my D90 from B&H 2 weeks ago!

I got mine from Amazon in Oct last year and there had a crap load of them.....everplace is out of stock now.

I got a D40 body with 100,000 shutter clicks, I let it go cheap.....1800.00 shipped....bahahahahaha:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Wow, I'm glad I bought when I did. I just got my D90 from B&H 2 weeks ago!
You bought a used one right? I cant believe I just saw one displayed at micro center for $1,199! Ouch!

No one must have keh.com. They have D3, D3s, D3x, d700, d7000, d5100, d3100.Nikon Digital Camera Bodies - KEH.com everyone is talking new stock.

Yeah, but keh.com, in my admittedly limited experience, seems to have a tendency to list things as "in stock" even when they aren't. They were the only place I could find a 50mm f/1.8G "in stock" a few weeks back, but when I called, it turned out to be on backorder. Ended up buying a refurb from Adorama for way cheaper anyway, but from now on I'll always call keh and make sure the in-stock item is actually IN their stock.

I was browsing through Ritz's.com and saw d7000 bodies for sale. Also besides the disasters, tax season had a role to play in the body's disappearance. IMO I do not want to buy my camera where I buy tools.

No one must have keh.com. They have D3, D3s, D3x, d700, d7000, d5100, d3100.Nikon Digital Camera Bodies - KEH.com everyone is talking new stock.

Yeah, but keh.com, in my admittedly limited experience, seems to have a tendency to list things as "in stock" even when they aren't. They were the only place I could find a 50mm f/1.8G "in stock" a few weeks back, but when I called, it turned out to be on backorder. Ended up buying a refurb from Adorama for way cheaper anyway, but from now on I'll always call keh and make sure the in-stock item is actually IN their stock.

Were you looking at new or used?

I've been trying to find a new D7000 for the past month and only Sears has it...but I don't want it that bad!

[I'd rather shoot with a broken cardboard pinhole box than purchase from sears

Service more horrid than bestbuys. Plus thats a lot of tax to pay when we can simply order from a respectable retailer such as bhphoto or adorama.

You bought a used one right? I cant believe I just saw one displayed at micro center for $1,199! Ouch!

No, I bought new. I got the body and kit lens for $1,049 at B&H.

Last edited:
it's the same in Canada.

Service more horrid than bestbuys. Plus thats a lot of tax to pay when we can simply order from a respectable retailer such as bhphoto or adorama.

I guess I can understand the tax thing. The service part.. well, for something like a dslr, i'd deal directly with Nikon anyway.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back