has anyone seen

Yeah. The ad was shot on film.

I haven't seen it yet... I will look out for it. I bet if I look I can find it online somewhere though. :)

Nikon does ads on TV?

I am amazed too. American's can't pronounce Nikon correctly :p
Must not bother them too much, they paid for the advertisement.

I was amazed by the fact that nikon as much as said buy our camera and you don't have to do anything else to be competent photographer. You no longer have to bother with that pesky learning what to do stuff. Buy a nikon d40 and shoot like a pro. They didn't say the last they just insinuated it.

Another step toward high resolution mediocrity at best. Whoring yourself out for a buck at worst. Sure Sure we all do it. I'm just surprised they would try to move buyers up with that kind of know nothing advertising. How about going with "When you are ready for the next step in photography nikon has the affordable solution for you," approach. It would stike me a lot better than buy and nikon and instantly shoot like an experienced photographer. After all it all about the camera.

Gee I gots to get me a camera like that.

I love and shoot Nikon, but their new ad campaign sucks. My local Nikon dealer just shipped out 100,000 brochures in the local paper where Nikon explains that the new VR feature helps capture kids in motion. (It features a picture of a mom taking a photo of a kid playing soccer and everything is blurry from the motion except for the part of the kid in the viewfinder)

This of course is complete and total BS. VR will not stop motion.

I guess if going after the soccer mom demographic and lying to get their business will make money for Nikon and get me better equipment later on at the pro level I'm happy.

They're feeding off of the general photographic community's ignorance which seems to be a more common business practice. I think I'll start selling UV coatings for my photos to brides at $20 a print... You have to protect them or global warming will destroy them!!! :lol:

You know Dewey I agree completely with everyword you said.

Kind of takes them off the high ground and puts them down in the trenches. Soon everyone will be running around with Nikon Dslrs. What the hell kind of world will that be then.

I just looked through the "picturetown gallery" and all the shots were totally mediocre.

There used to be (maybe still is) a television show called 'Nikon Wildlife Adventures'. I think it may have been a Canadian production because they usually shot in British Columbia somewhere.

Anyway, I liked the idea of watching a show about photography (there are so few of them) but the host was an absolute idiot. I understand that the show was sponsored by Nikon, so they use and talk about Nikon gear...but this host was either an out & out liar or a moron.

Each episode, they would bring along a pro photographer to show the host different things. One time, the pro tried to explain the 'rule of thirds' to the host...basically saying not to always centre the subject (which the host does anyway). The pro said that he would change the active AF sensor from the centre one...which is a good tip. The host, then proceeded to tell the viewers that his Nikon camera had 'rule of thirds'. :roll:

Maybe I am an idiot, but I really just don't get it. You give cameras to people who don't know what they're doing and you'd expect them to take mediocre photos. But everyone (apparently the commercial included) is saying that the pitch is that the camera will make you take great photos. But as expected, they're still mediocre.

And where's the need for name calling?

Most reactions

Back