Has Something On TPF Changed

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've noticed more and more ads popping up on the TPF site, non photography related. Even though I'm using Firefox as my browser, when I click to close them it says they are from Google ad service. What's going on and how do I stop this????

I've installed UBlock and don't see any pop-ups.

I've installed UBlock and don't see any pop-ups.

My security seems to be blocking on most sites except TPF, which makes me wonder???? Just installed adblocker extension which seems to have stopped them.

Still I wonder why a member site like TPF allows these "Google" banner ads for everything under the sun to pop up on their web page. I can understand forum sponsor ads, and have no objection to them, but all this other non-related BS is not cool.

Last edited:
Interesting, I've seen no change.

It could also be something changing in Firefox I guess, but I didn't think ads could pop up on a web page unless the owner allowed them access.

Everything is fine for me although I use Chrome............

Everything is fine for me although I use Chrome............

So you don't have Banner ads at the top and bottom of the page from advertisers other then forum sponsors?

Besides that I use 2 extensions, AdBlocker Ultimate and

Just installed this one seems to work. I'm still puzzled though as to why they are showing up on TPFs site. I have had multiple websites over the years and as the owner of the site I had to allow the ads to be on my page, they couldn't just appear. There's a financial incentive to allow it but to me it seems a little much if you're paying a site membership fee.

I have to log in quick before the scrolling ad starts or it starts to freeze up my computer. That one's newer and it seems like there are more Google ads than there used to be. Maybe it just seems that way... I don't mind sponsor ads but this site unfortunately is one of the worst I use if I just want to take a quick look without taking time to log in (if I don't have much time to spend here). So I don't anymore, I log in or don't bother with a quick look at the message board.

I see absolutely no banner ads at the top of the page, but at the bottom of the page I frequently see an ad from MPB, which is a site sponsor, and frequently an ad from Lee filters.

I see absolutely no banner ads at the top of the page, but at the bottom of the page I frequently see an ad from MPB, which is a site sponsor, and frequently an ad from Lee filters.

I don't see anything but the sponsor ads now that I added the Adblock extension. These were banner ads that were coming in at the top of the page, and above the sponsor ads at the bottom. I don't mind the sponsor ads at all, but the others were a PITA. One that was always showing up was for a local hospital that I went to one time, another for clothing.......all non photography related ads. Thinking back they've been coming through for awhile, just seems to have gotten worse of late.

For others having annoying ad issues, the blocker is AdBlocker Ultimate - AND ALL ANNOYING ADS ARE OUT! a free extension for most popular browser. Now if I could only find something similar for my Satellite TV that I pay an exorbitant amount for each month only to be bombarded by ads.

I see what Derrel is seeing once I log in. Before that it's a hootenany of garbage ads I feel like I can't get away from fast enough.

I dunno Smoke, I'm tired of having to download something just for one site. Why can't they make it more user friendly instead of me having to be the one to make a change to accomodate them?? (That's rhetorical ya know!)

I use Ublock, and I'm like St. Schultz.... "I see nothing!"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back