Haunted St Cleres Hall

Pirate Neilsouth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
pirateneilsouth.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Of the many Travellers passing St Cleres Hall, on the main road from London to Southend, few have seen this aspect of a house that, in part, has stood for many hundreds of years, and has been the home of distinquished men who found their last resting place in the famous chapel of the Tower of London.

It was for five reigns, from Queen Elizabeth I to James II, the home of the Jill family, who were the keepers of the Royal lions, etc... at the Tower of London, before they were housed at the zoo. The main part of the house was added to the ancient East wing in 1735 by Mr James Adams, the Clark to the Stables of George II, and contains the "Great Parlour." with an interesting portcullis in good workable condition.

During a major restoration in the late ninety's care was taken to retain the halls original features, like the unique portcullis, paintings on the panelling and the grand fireplace fit for a castle.

Staff over the years have felt a general sense of an unknown presence in various areas while going about their duties on a daily basis.

They have complained of an uneasy feeling in the loft area and a feeling of being watched.

There has been regular reports of a lady figure standing at an upstairs window.

Poltergeist activity has also been reported at St Cleres!

3774812246_705ce589d2_o.jpg

Spooky Locations, Ghost Hunt, Ghost Hunters, Ghost Investigation, Ghost Investigators, Paranormal Investigation, Paranormal Investigators, Most Haunted <- this is who i work with :D

Last edited:
Nice photoshop work you did, but try keep the "ghost" and the image the same quality and tone
:)

Neat subject, but the picnic tables and function tent really kill the feeling for me. (The fence doesn't help, but at least it doesn't NECESSARILY look like it's out of place) I also don't personally care for the treatment, though I understand why you did it.

I would like this if it weren't for the tent and picnic tables. Did you shoot the place from any other angle? I really like the effect given at the top of the house against the sky.

Most reactions

Back