Have ever lost a bunch of photos?

Discussion in 'Photographic Discussions' started by tecboy, Oct 6, 2018.

1. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Never said I was relying on luck. I said the negatives were safe. And they are, so don't try to drag me into some silly debate about how negatives can't survive without digital. You guys carry on about your catastrophic backup losses. ;) I've never lost a single image, let alone 1K. I'd be twitchy, too, if that happened to my work!

2. DennyN

DennyN No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    I once deleted many photos during a transfer. After files are deleted they are still on the drive. There are several recovery software programs that will get many if not most of the files/images back but with a ton of other stuff off the drive as well. I recovered many of them with that software but got frustrated trying to sort them out of the mess of files that was recovered. The longer you wait to recover them the more chance there is that the files may be overwritten. I have some stuff is on my SmugMug but this has been a great reminder that I should back up my drives again.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  3. Dave442

Dave442 No longer a newbie, moving up!

I lost about 1000 Raw images in 2013 when I had my backpack stolen while traveling. I sure those were the best images I ever made.

4. john.margetts

john.margetts No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Reminder? You should be backing up daily if not more often. My computer is set up to back up hourly.

Sent from my 8070 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  5. SquarePeg

SquarePeg hear me roar Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit

I had a hard drive die and thought I had lost all the photos including our first family trip to Disney and all of my daughters First Communion photos. One day a friend sent me an album to view on Snapfish and when I went to the site I found that I had already created an account. When I signed in, all of my lost First Communion photos were there! I had used that site to share them with my family and forgotten about it.