Have you ever considered to leave TPF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daily - and its because of threads like this one.

People, with no investment in the forum except as a playground and to get attention, divert threads for no obvious reason except that they can.
Why should people put any effort or investment into the threads -or the Forum - if people like this are free to screw things up as they want to?
Would you tell me/us what are your reasons for staying here that long?

Yes, and in fact as soon as I post this, I'm officially done. Why? Because off *******s like Lew and his post one page back where he links to a thread. In that thread he calls out people who banter including the OP herself. Because I'm tired of his rude, ignorant crap and his demands that people conform to what HE wants the forum to be. And nothing gets done about it.

Take care everyone.

Yes, and in fact as soon as I post this, I'm officially done. Why? Because off *******s like Lew and his post one page back where he links to a thread. In that thread he calls out people who banter including the OP herself. Because I'm tired of his rude, ignorant crap and his demands that people conform to what HE wants the forum to be. And nothing gets done about it.

Take care everyone.
Barb, please don't go and especially don't go in a thread that I started! :)

I'll even borrow you a video mishele gave me, I'm sure she will gladly share it :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Take care everyone.
I would suggest you use the ignore button rather than let someone bother you to this extent.

Barb, what will it be: Leave or Ignore?

Stay with us :hug::

Greetings,

Glad you are actually bringing up this question and I wonder whether anyone actually cares whether I leave the forum or not.
I'm disappointed never getting any answers to specific questions about films, lenses, cameras....just frustrating...as if there is no one out there using some particular lens or materials
There is a lot of me me me going on but...
I posted a thread a couple of days ago for example, very specific, about using a particular lens...no responses...not a single one....
don't take it personally, at least not yet :)
Maybe you post in a busy/non busy time... do you ever bmp the threads you started? Try again....
What also might help is posting a bit more, commenting, participating in discussions... then people will start to recognize your username and click on your threads...

I don't know... just trying to help a bit.... :)

How can you take this personally? No one knows who I am really anyway...the joy of Internet...isn't it? Your comment is full of wisdom actually and sums it all up...
I thought that this forum was to discuss and share, well...it isn't. Your thread is the proof of this, in the shortest time there are numerous people reacting to it, another thread about "who's the last one to reply to thread wins...." already thousands of replies. One person asking an opinion about what lenses to use...only 10 replies in one week and most replies where just references to Internet sites. Makes you wonder whether it would be worthwhile taking the "Photo" out of the "The Photo Forum" because Photography doesn't seem to be really the main topic but the forum is some sort of a Facebook /LinkedIn/Whatever for people who actually have photography as a hobby but desperate to get away from their anonymity from the www, some sort of a narcissim as well. They must be even more frustrated when they find out that they will remain anonymous anyway.
To answer your question: I will not leave the forum as I still like to share my knowledge and experience with those who ask however I do not visit the forum very often anymore for the reasons I mentioned beforehand: because I never get an answer to my requests for information

Take care everyone.

Don't make me tie you up.

Actually ...

:er:

Last edited by a moderator:
And I think that might be far enough with this thread.

Now all of you remember to wear your sunscreen and hats because I think the sun and heat is getting to some of you (or the rain if you're blocked in with summer showers and can't get out).

Remember we have the ignore list if you find a specific user is driving you nuts - and we've the report feature if you feel that a user is abusing you. In addition remember all members can air their views or opinions - just because one person suggests an idea of how to use the site or how they think we might change things doesn't mean it will happen. It's just open dialogue discussion and most of the time its just airing ideas and little more. Wherever we can the mods and admin will aim to ensure that we make the site as welcoming and usable to all age and skill levels within photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back