Have you ever considered to leave TPF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first signed up I thought you all were First Class @$$ holes....not to me because I hadn't posted, but to each other. And sometimes we still are. But I believe that the lack of sugar coating that happens here is really one of the best ways to improve our photography. If I need a pat on the back, I visit another forum where no one says anything mean. If I need serious critique then I come here. I'm on here almost daily and only on the other forum once in awhile.

There are a few people here who I really respect their opinion and that's why I stay...I like my e-friends.

We will try harder to live down to your expectations. :lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::lol::lmao::biglaugh:

Leaving is not an option until I have a Sam Adams with someone from here.

Learn to use the ignore button. Start watching Orange Is The New Black, and start shooting wildlife; it has a calming effect on the soul.

$5368e5_2486776.jpg

No person is an island. Humans are, by nature, social creatures, and we construct (or try to) the relationships that are fulfilling and rewarding to us. We also have flaws, which reveal themselves during our interactions with others: insecurity, jealousy, narcissism, aggression, etc. In the real world these tend to be masked, as the consequences to bad behaviour come pretty quickly, but in the on-line world, it is quite possible to hide behind the relatively limited nature of the interaction of the written word. Hence the appearance of trolls on on-line forums.
On the other hand, there are many genuinely generous individuals who want to help and share, and do so, even in the limited confines of the forum format. Enough of these people aggregate, and you have a pretty interesting community. ....
I stay in this forum because I find some of the photography inspiring, and the people who create those works, approachable. ... There are some individuals who I would regard as friends, and others who I am happy to leave as acquaintances.

It's interesting to hear how many of us mention relationships, attachments and bonds with other people we met here.

People I like here I would probably like in real life. People I dislike here I would probably dislike in real life also.

When I decided to pay attention on actual people who post, not their avatars... I found out that no matter these conversations are online, and everyone can hide a bit, tell things prettier, act like they're someone else... but the real true is, you can't hide. You can pretend to be someone else for some time but not all the time.

I've realized so much things about others just observing their communications. You can read a lot just paying attention on someone's sentences, way of joking, way of doing their photography etc.

And like in real life, there's just something that will attract you to one person and not to another one.

What is the biggest gift TPF gave me? Some people I met here

Learn to use the ignore button. Start watching Orange Is The New Black, and start shooting wildlife; it has a calming effect on the soul.
oh you nice people from nature&wildlife section... everything seems soo good to be true there... do you ever have any disagreements there ;)

It's a half joking question and a half serious, because I really do want to know do you ever have any disagreements there. Whenever I click there everyone are so nice

oh you nice people from nature&wildlife section... everything seems soo good to be true there... do you ever have any disagreements there ;)

It's a half joking question and a half serious, because I really do want to know do you ever have any disagreements there. Whenever I click there everyone are so nice

Nope, we are the coolest! :p

That's my brand, but I don't get to SoCal very often. Was at The Parks about 5 years ago, but I didn't know you then. I'll drink one this afternoon, and you do the same! :D

That's my brand, but I don't get to SoCal very often. Was at The Parks about 5 years ago, but I didn't know you then. I'll drink one this afternoon, and you do the same! :D

I see your 6-pack and raise you 4 Racer 5 IPAs :)

Nope, we are the coolest! :p
I don't believe it. it's too good to be truth
and you're too good to be truth ;)

Greetings,

Glad you are actually bringing up this question and I wonder whether anyone actually cares whether I leave the forum or not.
I'm disappointed never getting any answers to specific questions about films, lenses, cameras....just frustrating...as if there is no one out there using some particular lens or materials
There is a lot of me me me going on but...
I posted a thread a couple of days ago for example, very specific, about using a particular lens...no responses...not a single one....

Maria...

Last edited by a moderator:
Daily - and its because of threads like this one.

People, with no investment in the forum except as a playground and to get attention, divert threads for no obvious reason except that they can.
Why should people put any effort or investment into the threads -or the Forum - if people like this are free to screw things up as they want to?

Greetings,

Glad you are actually bringing up this question and I wonder whether anyone actually cares whether I leave the forum or not.
I'm disappointed never getting any answers to specific questions about films, lenses, cameras....just frustrating...as if there is no one out there using some particular lens or materials
There is a lot of me me me going on but...
I posted a thread a couple of days ago for example, very specific, about using a particular lens...no responses...not a single one....
don't take it personally, at least not yet :)
Maybe you post in a busy/non busy time... do you ever bmp the threads you started? Try again....
What also might help is posting a bit more, commenting, participating in discussions... then people will start to recognize your username and click on your threads...

I don't know... just trying to help a bit.... :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back