Have you ever considered to leave TPF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Have you ever considered to leave TPF? Why?
What would be your reasons for leaving this forum?
What you couldn't cope with?

What are your reasons for staying here that long? (obviously this is a question for those who spent here a bit of time-years)

I'm a member from not so long ago, but I consider myself as an active member. I met lots of nice people here and made somewhat closer contact with a few of them... These days I kind of thinking to leave...
I don't want this thread to be about my thinking and my reasons. If they're simple I would already said something. I want this thread to be about your experience and way of thinking... that way, we all could hear something from each other but I do really hope that what you have to say would be helpful to me.

I checked out a few when I joined. This by far seems the largest/most active that I saw. I haven't really considered leaving. But if I did, it would probably be because of that robbins guy with the gorillas. He just gives me the willies.

I checked out a few when I joined. This by far seems the largest/most active that I saw. I haven't really considered leaving. But if I did, it would probably be because of that robbins guy with the gorillas. He just gives me the willies.
I did that also, and the reason why I joined was because it seems so active comparing to others... and I liked some jokes I read in threads :)

seems reliant on some things.

information needed the members can provide. which naturally diminishes as skills are learned.

a need or want to show work

people with like minded interests

your own photography and continued interest in it

if the needs or wants disappear I would imagine the level of involvement would as well. Ones work and needs changing as time goes on.

winter is over and nice weather here as well. Good times to be doing other things.

Hey I joined because of that robbins guy with the gorillas. He gives me laughs.

I've spent a lot of time and energy here. My disillusionment seems to prevail lately. I guess you can say I'm already gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Although I am not a grey-beard around here, I will respond by giving an example of why/when someone would decide to not participate.

My personal experience with photography forums in general are; the one I started with I don't visit anymore because the conversations were way too personal and confrontational.

I signed up on another that I don't visit, because the threads were just too specific.

Neither of those had the casual, joking kind of banter that is here on TPF. I'm not completely serious about a lot of things in life, so I think TPF fits me better.

I'm thinking of leaving all forum web sites. I waste too much time on the internet instead of taking pictures and/or getting on with life.
I am thinking of leaving all electronics for a break.. Not from tpf specifically but all electronics, cable tv, phones. Everything. i shut everything down last night. Not even a tv on. No phone (never got another cellphone anyway i don't miss it). It was great how quiet it was. i disappear, it will probably because i decided to shut everything down for a time. Take a break from electronic interference and noise. As it is i leave the phones unplugged half the time. Thinking about cutting it all for a little spell. sitting here listening to the kids watching tv now. It is all just noise. noise noise noise. Sometimes the noise interferes and becomes overpowering it needs to get unplugged. Did the same thing a few years back. shut it all down. Just like turning the key to the off position. Guess i better get a film camera if i end up shutting down my digital.

What keeps me here is the ball and chain the admin attach to our legs when we sign up as mods. ;)

Though seriously what I like is that its a busy and active site with a wide range of people from all walks of life; each one with their own interests and skills that they bring to the site to enrich it. As such its a fantastic generalist resource and society to be in. Furthermore its active and has a good community; but its not so vast that you get lost in the sea of members.

Some other forums can be so huge that each category is almost a sub-group - to venture out is to almost be joining a whole new site. That can be daunting when you're a little fish in a vast pond.

Never thought about leaving...if I get annoyed I just stay off for a while. The knowledge and expert advice you get here is beyond phenomenal. Miss some of the old members - but we got a great crowd here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back