have you ever considered...

After reading all posts I thing that Altered Ego wanted to say something important... I thing that it's very very deeep

mentos_007 said:
After reading all posts I thing that Altered Ego wanted to say something important... I thing that it's very very deeep

yup, i agree. and my answer stands. sometimes that is the only thing between a permanent mistake and a chance to keep trying.

When I was little (7 or 9) and my dad (Who isn't the nicest person to know, he hasn't spoken to me for the last week or so even though we live in the same house. Why? Because he doesn't want to for some reason.) would have an argument with me, my mother or sister, I would run upstairs put my hands around my throat and push with my thumbs hard. When doing it I always knew that I wouldn't go through with it. I was very conscious of a line that I would have to cross to actually go through with it. That and I've always been petrified of death.

I thought everyone thought about killing themselves from time to time. Not necessarily about going through with it. Just how to do it, what if would be like if they did, how others would react, etc.

If you want to take your own life, then I have no problem with it. I won't look down on you. I will have my own thoughts about you if you leave behind a family or something. But they wouldn't be totally bad. If that's the correct way to phrase it. But just don't jump in front of a train or bus. The people I feel sorry for then are not only the families left behind but also the people who have to clear up the mess. And there is a lot of it.

Does any one of you believe in Darwin's theory? How do you think life came into existance?

Dude, now we ARE getting deep! I have NO idea how life came into existance. I don't really have an opinion on that I guess....

danalec99 said:
Does any one of you believe in Darwin's theory? How do you think life came into existance?

yep.

life came into existance because the creator, what most people think of as god, needed some answers herself. so she created a super-super-super computer; dna is one part of the code which is actually the computer itself- software acting also as hardware.

time is nothing more than god's blood. we are all parasites.

Osmer_Toby said:
danalec99 said:

yep.

life came into existance because the creator, what most people think of as god, needed some answers herself. so she created a super-super-super computer; dna is one part of the code which is actually the computer itself- software acting also as hardware.

I don't clearly understand. Was the 'yep' for "Yes, I believe in Darwin's theory that life 'evolved' over a span of couple of millions of years"?

IF so, why is 'God' in the statement?

danalec99 said:
Osmer_Toby said:
danalec99 said:

yep.

I don't clearly understand. Was the 'yep' for "Yes, I believe in Darwin's theory that life 'evolved' over a span of couple of millions of years"?

are god and evolution mutually exclusive?

Can someone explain what Darwin's theory has to do with this topic? If you want that debate, open a thread and defend a position. But since we're here, and for the sake of argument that evolution exists on the level Darwin suggests, how did the universe itself come into existence to support the original beings? If we evolved from, say, an amoeba, how did the amoeba get here or the place at which it began? OK, I was drawn in. Hopefully I can remember to check this thread again.

toby - that sounds a bit 'Douglas Adams' ;)
I thought life started when some random amino acids bumped into each other in some primordial puddle of gloop?

anyway i was on topic. i was using photography as a metaphor for life if you hadn't already guessed. :)

just wanted to know, when you realise something is just a bad job and anything you do is destructive rather than constructive (whether intentional or not), do you take the desision to stop work with the posibility of beginning something totally different or do you keep working in the vain hope that something might magically make it all better all of a sudden? Positivity can only come from hope and hope can only come from positivity... without hope there can be no positivity.. is that right?

Corry, this is not going off-topic yet.
I initiated 'Darwin' in order to come to a very simple point that I firmly believe in and happily live by.
But I need to run now. Will be back by afternoon or evening.

altered ego, we did get your metaphor :wink:

Cheerio! :)

altered ego said:
toby - that sounds a bit 'Douglas Adams' ;)
I thought life started when some random amino acids bumped into each other in some primordial puddle of gloop?

anyway i was on topic. i was using photography as a metaphor for life if you hadn't already guessed. :)

just wanted to know, when you realise something is just a bad job and anything you do is destructive rather than constructive (whether intentional or not), do you take the desision to stop work with the posibility of beginning something totally different or do you keep working in the vain hope that something might magically make it all better all of a sudden? Positivity can only come from hope and hope can only come from positivity... without hope there can be no positivity.. is that right?

heheh- i wondered if someone would pick up on the fact that a published writer had outlined that little idea waaaay before i thought of it. i believe it was isaac asimov, tho....
i do, however, love the way douglas adams views the universe. damn the little white mice :lol:

Nagala said:
Can someone explain what Darwin's theory has to do with this topic? If you want that debate, open a thread and defend a position.

yessuh, massa :p

Osmer_Toby said:
danalec99 said:
Osmer_Toby said:
danalec99 said:

yep.

are god and evolution mutually exclusive?

I think they believe in two different versions of creation and so I thought it was contradictory.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back