have you ever considered...

I thought about it in high school. Then someone else committed suicide and I realized how pointless it was. People were sad for a day and went on with their lives. I don't even remember the guy's name. I want more out of life in the short amount of time we're given. The good, the bad. Part of life is living through it.

pilgrim said:
"suicide is a permanent answer for a temporary problem"

Exactly! Whatever misery you might experience in life, you just have to know that it will pass. Lumi, I'm so glad you came through that ok. Anyone that thinks about suicide should very seriously think of the pain their selfish act will cause their loved ones. Especially children who tend to blame themselves for things like that... Tobes! :sad anim:
Matt - don't you ever, ever, ever do anything like that. It would break my heart and I'd have to hunt you down, bring you back and kill you myself! :spank:

Thank ya Ter & Goddess :love:

Ter & Ali , all the emotions you went through and most likely are still going through today , when you think of your friends ....a LOT of people will relate to those same feelings.
I'm sorry that ya both lost a loved friend in this way babes :hug:

The person taking their own life , oftentimes , never really wants to lose their life ... they only just want to lose the problems and the sadness ...and they've come to a point where they're in so much darkness they cant even see their own hand in front of them , let alone anyone elses hand.

Loved ones always feel like " If only ...." , " I should've known , I could have saved him/her " "why?" etc. But an important thing to remember is that they dont take their life because of lack of love or friendship .. they take it because of lack of perspective and faith , in themselves and in life.

Loved ones always feel like " If only ...." , " I should've known , I could have saved him/her " "why?" etc. But an important thing to remember is that they dont take their life because of lack of love or friendship .. they take it because of lack of perspective and faith , in themselves and in life.

Yeah....you're right, of course. I couldn't see it when I was 17, but over many years I have come to understand that. I knew he was moody and quiet sometimes, but had no idea he was in so much pain. We all feel pretty crappy in high school, no matter how well things are going on the surface, you know??? I just had no idea how dark things had gotten for him....but it was out of my hands. :|

I've thought about it. It's been a while, and even when I did think about it, I knew I would never do it. It was when I was in Jr. High and High School. Things were really tough for me emotionally. When I was in grade school my moms boyfriend at the time was really abusive (to her, not us), and both him and my mom were heavy into alchohol and drugs. When I was 8 I spent Christmas eve at the neighbors house cuz he put my mom in the hospital. She took him back the next day. A few months later she met the man who would someday become my stepdad. So, she was finally able to have the courage to leave that *sshole. But...it wasn't over...she drank and drugged worse than ever, leaving us home alone. She got pregnant with my little brother...I practically raised him the first 6 years of his life, and I was 10 when he was born. And when she was depressed she would lean on me...unloading all her burdens on me. A pre-teen can't handle that kind of emotional burden. I felt like I was the adult, and she was the child. So I got really depressed, and thought about suicide a lot. Actually, to be truthful, I thought about it until I moved out 2 1/2 years ago, but mostly it was between the ages of 12-17.

But now, I work three jobs, one of which is at a domestic violence shelter doing childrens group on Thursday nights. I have fantastic friends and a wonderful boyfriend. I don't think about it anymore.

Sorry for unloading on all of you...I guess this subject hit a nerve...made me start thinking about things again, and I had to let it out!

A good friend of mine commited suicide. She was planning for a while. She had written a 62 page note. It's hard to think back and know if there was anything a person could have done.
I deal with attempted suicides as well as people who have suicidal thoughts on a regular basis. A lot of people are just looking for attention but who knows when it will get out of hand? Be especially aware if someone you know if trying to give away their things, particularly stuff that matters to them.

Walt said:
A good friend of mine commited suicide. She was planning for a while. She had written a 62 page note. It's hard to think back and know if there was anything a person could have done.
I deal with attempted suicides as well as people who have suicidal thoughts on a regular basis. A lot of people are just looking for attention but who knows when it will get out of hand? Be especially aware if someone you know if trying to give away their things, particularly stuff that matters to them.

A friend of mine in high school was laughing and telling all of us that she was scratching out her will and whatever we wanted to say so now and shed write it down. A couple of weeks later my friend went to her house and came through the door, and heard a cd skipping, and then found that she had hung herself.

She had left a note, and the "for fun" piece of paper that she had willed her stuff out to everyone on, in an envelope at her feet. It was so surreal when her mother was giving me these bracelets, that just the other day had been around her wrists, to me.

Now that I think back, it was so obvious, but when your 14 and everythings all haha funny, you never realise.

Core17, you sound like you went through some of the same stuff I did, although I was a bit younger when it all happened and got sorted out. Thank goodness for time, right? Oh, and I'm finally back from Illinois. All I got was shots of corn and the Chicago air show. You guys must love your corn up there. ;)

EDIT: I did get a chance to bring a fine Tennessee tradition to your state, though, and went mudding in the rental car.

Sorry for starting so sad topic, but I had to.
I thought about it very often - but ony though. I never done anything to die "faster". I had bad moments in my life but after all I decided that life can be so beautiful, so bright, but I have to look at it from a different side. And then I realised that ths is true. It all happened after my friend wanted to commit suicide. She was standing in the window of her 8 floor block. Fortunately, her brother persuaded her to come down, to get inside the room. She listened, but she spend about 2 moths in a hospital. She had a really bad depression.

Then I realised that commiting suicide is a stupid thing. It's like escaping from all difficulities. It is the easiest way to cope with serious problems - but we have to solve it in a diffferent way to show the world that we are powerfull, that we have a force to drive our mind in a straight line, that there are WE who decide about our life - not moments and bad, sad feelings.

My family used to look after people from a nearby school that came from abroad during the school holidays. It was just after the A-level (big UK exams) results came out that one of the people we looked after tried to OD in our bathroom on painkillers because the stress had gotten to her and she lived in fear of what her parents would say if the exams didn't go well etc..... we had to rush her to hospital to get her stomach pumped, and afterwards she realised that maybe it wasn't such a wise move, now she is training to be a dentist in Tanzania (Africa).

Nagala said:
I'm finally back from Illinois. All I got was shots of corn and the Chicago air show. You guys must love your corn up there. ;)

EDIT: I did get a chance to bring a fine Tennessee tradition to your state, though, and went mudding in the rental car.

There is a town not too far from me that has a 'Sweetcorn Festival' every year!!! And as for the muddin....it's a bit of a tradition here, too. There are 4x4 Jamboree's and stuff. My big brother had his truck in one one time, and I think it got stuck in a bog!

have you ever taken a picture that you thought might be good and when you got it developed it was a bit crap?
You thought you could save it and make something good out of it so you try a few things... a filter of some description, different paper, a new frame, a new setting...
they didn't really work.
You try a few more different things... still no results.
You take a break perhaps, get some fresh ideas, confer with other photographers...
more work on your image and still nothing you're happy with...
you ask your friends and family and they say it's ok.. nothing special just ok... so you're still not satisfied with it...
now your image is getting really tired.. you're running out of things to try...

then one day you REALLY can't think of anything to do with it at all.. anyway, perhaps the next thing you try will just make it all fall to bits...

what do you do?
You can't keep it in a drawer away from people, you've put too much effort into it... besides, sometimes new people think they want to see it (but when they do they're not really impressed)

No-one thinks it has anything special or different or aesthetically pleasing at all - it's just 'ok'... no galleries want it, no-one wants to print it or use it anywhere... do you give up on it, throw it away?

or just carry on in the knowledge that the next thing to touch it might tear it apart...? so you halfheartedly try new things on it occasionally and eventually all you're left with is a scrap of paper with nothing legible on it in the bottom of the draw, forgotten about just waiting for the cleaners to sweep it into a bag....

if you knew that one day in the future your image would be really appreciated by at least just one person, you would keep going on it wouldn't you?
but if you didn't know.. or if all the signs were telling you that it was just a bad idea in the first place and somethings just don't actually work out... what would keep you going?

altered ego said:
have you ever taken a picture that you thought might be good and when you got it developed it was a bit crap?
You thought you could save it and make something good out of it so you try a few things... a filter of some description, different paper, a new frame, a new setting...
they didn't really work.
You take a break perhaps, get some fresh ideas, confer with other photographers...
you ask your friends and family and they say it's ok.. nothing special just ok... so you're still not satisfied with it...

then one day you REALLY can't think of anything to do with it at all.. anyway, perhaps the next thing you try will just make it all fall to bits...

what do you do?
You can't keep it in a drawer away from people, you've put too much effort into it... besides, sometimes new people think they want to see it (but when they do they're not really impressed)

No-one thinks it has anything special or different or aesthetically pleasing at all - it's just 'ok'... no galleries want it, no-one wants to print it or use it anywhere... do you give up on it, throw it away?

or just carry on in the knowledge that the next thing to touch it might tear it apart...? so you halfheartedly try new things on it occasionally and eventually all you're left with is a scrap of paper with nothing legible on it in the bottom of the draw, forgotten about just waiting for the cleaners to sweep it into a bag....

if you knew that one day in the future your image would be really appreciated by at least just one person, you would keep going on it wouldn't you?
but if you didn't know.. or if all the signs were telling you that it was just a bad idea in the first place and somethings just don't actually work out... what would keep you going?

effexor. 300 mg.

A long time ago, I thought about it......the kitchen knife seemed the best solution...I was so angry with myself, I just wanted to disapear for good!!!
I was having trouble dealing with some "teenage problems"....as I was thinking about it, I was getting more and more angry .... sundently all my anger went through my body and I ended up kicking the kitchen door :shock: Kinda made me feel better and i put away the knife!! The hole is still there, my parents never understood what happened ... how the hole get there :lol: :lol:
I'm happy that I'm here .... I'm happy that WE'RE alive!

altered ego said:
they didn't really work.

what do you do?

Dude, that's some deep stuff.

Most reactions

Back