havent posted in awhile....

allison_dcp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just got a new lens, a Canon 55-250mm (tight budget). I love it! I usually shoot with a 50mm, I'm beginning to think somethings wrong with it b/c my new one AF's so much better. I took some photos of my nephew tonight. C&C is welcome and appreciated:)
All at f/4 200 iso and 1/200. I used my speedlight on camera with a diffuser. I also recently got an off camera trigger for my flash, but it was giving me a tough time.1
$bridge1 (1 of 1).jpg2$bridge2 (1 of 1).jpg3$chain1.jpg4$chain2.jpg5$collage.jpg6$facezoom.jpg7$facezoom2.jpg

Attachments

• $handsinpocket (1 of 1).jpg
    $handsinpocket (1 of 1).jpg
    866.7 KB · Views: 69
  • $handsinpocket2 (1 of 1).jpg
    $handsinpocket2 (1 of 1).jpg
    1,006.5 KB · Views: 70
  • $handsinpocket2crop.jpg
    $handsinpocket2crop.jpg
    331 KB · Views: 62
3, the middle shot on 5 (provided there is more to it on either side), and 10 are the best imo.

Not too bad overall for candid-like kid shots. Agreed with photographiend.

As for your 50mm, is it the 1.8? And has the AF always been difficult for you or is it recently?

I know with my 50mm 1.8, the AF is difficult especially if the aperture is f4 or lower. However, thanks to these great folks here, I now know how to choose the AF point manually so that it focuses exactly where I want it to focus. This may be something you want to look into to resolve your issues with AF with the 50mm. I also have the 55-250 lens and actually really like it for most things...so not a terrible lens for the price range.

Not too bad overall for candid-like kid shots. Agreed with photographiend.

As for your 50mm, is it the 1.8? And has the AF always been difficult for you or is it recently?

I know with my 50mm 1.8, the AF is difficult especially if the aperture is f4 or lower. However, thanks to these great folks here, I now know how to choose the AF point manually so that it focuses exactly where I want it to focus. This may be something you want to look into to resolve your issues with AF with the 50mm. I also have the 55-250 lens and actually really like it for most things...so not a terrible lens for the price range.

thank you, I'll have to look into it.

Nice shots! Cute kid. my favorites are 3 and 8

Thanks guys:) Does anyone have any comments on the lighting or color? I'm working on my 'self attempted' clibrated monitor.

The shots where you are close up, with the exception of the middle shot on 5. Your flash is too harsh.

For the feel of the images I think your coloring is fine. It has a very Autumnesque feel and it works the way it is.

Most reactions

Back