HDR comparison photos

1hdr4u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since I have been working with HDR photography a couple of months ago, I have never ceased to be amazed at the advantage of HDR. I recently took a photo at a nursing facility and am posting all the shots I used to process the photos. As you can see, the dark exposed image shows how clear it looks outside the glass door. The over exposed image clearly shows inside the room. The finished product shows a clear rendition of both in and outdoor shots combined to make the entire photo become visible. I use as most people do, Photomatix Pro. Comments are welcome.

Attachments

• $DPP_Aug 3rd0001.JPG
    $DPP_Aug 3rd0001.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 103
  • $DPP_Aug 3rd0002.JPG
    $DPP_Aug 3rd0002.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 111
  • $DPP_Aug 3rd0003.JPG
    $DPP_Aug 3rd0003.JPG
    122.7 KB · Views: 107
  • $Westridge 1.jpg
    $Westridge 1.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 144
You need to get more underexposed frames to prevent the window above the piano from turing gray like it did.

The last image was not made from just the three other photos. Well after checking out whether I was right or wrong I was wrong. But Im amazed how much details you got for the piano from 3 very dark images. But then your processing is way over the top. This is what I got from checking out your files.

fcsjf8.jpg

Last edited:
[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Bynx I really like your edit. I really dislike it when HDR looks too cartoonish [/FONT]

There is a certain look, like a very detailed painting look that I like. But most of the stuff is just plain garbage, but because its new and different to some people, they like to show it off.

Most reactions

Back