HDR- first attempts (C&C)

I dont know why the halo. I didnt use all the shots. The first and last were no good.

2jg108h.jpg

bynx, as I watch and read more of what you guys do, things slowly come together. Am I correct in assuming that, (given we number the exposures 1.2.3 darkest to lightest, only three since you tossed 2), had you had another shot to use between 2 and 3 that it would have given you what you need to have even more detail under the bridge...the roof area...and help you be able to eliminate the slight 'haze' under it? or would you have needed a different shot/exposure altogether than what I am thinking?

Unfortunately, all the EXIF data has been stripped from the supplied files so its impossible to say how I would shoot it differently. There are about 4 separate light zones in the image -- the sky, the trees and front of the bridge, the inside of the bridge (wood only), and the bright reflected wood at the entrance to the bridge. I would have set up my first shot for the sky so that I didnt get any blinkies (blown). Then I would have increased my shutter speed until the inside the bridge had a good look. To start with the first image supplied was way underexposed. And the same for the last image, it was way overexposed. Nothing from either image could be used to create the final. I dont think those images are 1 fstop apart. I say fstop apart but its only the shutter speed we are changing so 3 clicks on the camera wheel is the equivalent to 1fstop.

Most reactions

Back