HDR snobbery

BAHAHAHAHA! Well put Cloudwalker. Well put.

My, this thread is entertaining!

:popcorn:

:thumbup:

3 more pages of this HDR cr*p because Mr. Snob wanted to show us how not to be snobs :lmao:

Well it is case of either you like or dont like it. I personally dont and, anytime I see a thread title with HDR in it, I dont even look. Id rather not look at it than to say something about it.

Leave Me The F*ck Alone I Know What I'm Doing Even If You Don't Like It Just Tell Me If You Like It Or Not

^that was pretty rude....

There is no harm, but like you said (kind of) I personally think it needs it's own name (style) and get away from the HDR definition.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

As far as I am concerned though -- It's still HDR whether you want it to be or not, you used the process of HDR to create the image so there can't really "be" another name for it. There are just degrees of intensity to it.

Everyone has a preference - like I said previously.

Photography is one thing, post processing is another :D

My point is, if you choose to label it - label it correctly.

Last edited:
Dam...

Stop the fighting, PEACE!

:peacesign:

:peacemrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
MY take on the whole reason behind the "snobbery" of HDR for lack of a better term...

The opinions of those who shall we say lean away from the intrigue with HDR on many occasions have had this to say;

On the nicely done HDR that compliments the realism side and focus' on the widening of the dynamic range via the hdr/tone mapping process...

"Oh that is HDR... well it does not look like anything one could not do if they set up their shot and/or lighting correctly." (hint of disrespect)

On the dramatically over accented HDR bordering the cartoonish and gritty finalization...

"I'm not into HDR, it just does not do anything for me." Followed by either negative critique or possibly "The image looks good, but I feel it would have been much better represented without the HDR process."

Comments along these lines but not limited to the exact wording are the comments I do believe the op is referring to.

While he may be right that there are a good number of posts that down those labeling their entries as HDR from the start of the thread. If you take the time to notice, a lot of those comments repeatedly come from the same sources/individuals.

So I have to ask those of you getting bugged by this... Why? Why is this different then any other flamer on any other topic or any other forum for that matter.

If they are truly sincere but have not the tools to communicate negativity in a more tactful manner take what you can from it and move on or just move on period.

As for those deeming themselves enough clout here or anywhere to proclaim what is or isn't art, I scoff in your general direction. Then I loudly proclaim that you are of course entitled to your own opinion not unlike the rest of our fellow forum dwellers.

my 2 cents.

Another essentially useless, unresolvable, opinion thread. ;)

It did help me identify another screen name I should probably add to my 'Ignore List' though. :thumbup:

Are you sure you want to leap to that conclusion? :lol:

You're certainly not the only poster in the thread.

I'm not leaping. I'm not concluding. I'm recounting.

And you're continuing your streak.

don't worry, I'm not going to block you, I just ignore some of the stuff that you say.

Methinks someone needs to look-up the meaning of the word "conclusion."

Bahaha. This thread is just so fun!

:popcorn:

14 cents... I love it.

Yes this thread was a very interesting thread to say the least.

I have really seen valid points on either side. It is great to see where everyone comes from when sharing their opinions.

My only thought is not close out someone for a single differing opinion on a single process or idea. That same person may have something you can use at a later date on an entirely different subject.

;)

I don't see it so much as snobbery as apathy, boredom and perhaps some dismay. Photography is almost 200 years old. There really isn't anything all that new. It's been done before, sometimes on purpose, sometimes by accident. A lot of those accidents never really saw the light of day because they were not popular. Tastes change.

20 years ago you wouldn't see barbells in peoples eyes, ears, noses, tongues, nipples, belly button, and places I won't name. Now they are common place. Does that mean I want to see and marvel over all those barbells and other bits of body jewelry or find it fascinating or that I have too?

HDR is just another form of art. There are some that I have seen that I do like some I don't. My only complaint with it or any form of art that seems to capture the fascination of so many is if you like it great. But it doesn't mean that I have to as well.

I guess that means I don't have to worry about my wife getting me a gift certificate for nipple piercing for Christmas. :lol:

Most reactions

Back