HDR test shot: C&C please

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This shot is nothing near an artistic shot. I was just playing with photomatix. This one actually turned out OK. I didnt actually take 5 shots. I took one and changed the exposure in aperture. However i think it actually turned out good. It doesn't look too fake.

Here is the original:
bedroom1.jpg

and the HDR image:
hdrbedroom1.jpg

I think the problem that most people have with HDR is the subjects that they choose to shoot. This image does not have a large dynamic range so HDR is not really going to work.
Go find some killer clouds and or a reflection in a pond and you will get much better results.

I was just messing around with it. However, I think that it came out looking way better than the original image... Don't you think?

I will be able to get some really good ones in the next week or so in Hawaii

I was just messing around with it. However, I think that it came out looking way better than the original image... Don't you think?

I will be able to get some really good ones in the next week or so in Hawaii
I think it came out looking "not too fake" because as mentioned, there's not much dynamic range in the subject matter. It will be much harder to accomplish a "non-fake" look that has all the benefits of HDR in an outdoor shot given the dynamic range.

Get out side and shoot a cloudy sky against a cool landscape and see how it goes. It will teach you more about how to use the tool.

This image does not have a large dynamic range so HDR is not really going to work.

Absolutely untrue. I see deep shadows, and a blown out window. There is quite a range in light values here. It may not be "Zip Zoom Wow!" like a desert sunset/sunrise, but there is definitely an appreciable range of light.

This shot has the same idea:

This shot has the same idea:

I smell what your clooking ... same idea but this image obviously has a wider dynamic range.

Last edited:
In my opinoin it looks just like a single capture modified a bit with PS.

And the bg is overblown.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back