Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
He loves me not .....

I had this idea for a photo of my daughter. I've been trying to take at least a monthly portrait of her lately as she's cooperating with me again in taking pictures. She grows so fast. Anyway, it's not quite what I had in my head, but close. C&C is very appreciated.

IMGP0062-web2.jpg

I really like the soft lighting, but i think it may be better with a background. a child in a black box just seems a little depressing to me.

Looks good but I'd have gone with a white background or in a natural setting...on a park bench, in a swing, door stoop, etc.

Thanks for the comments. This was shot with a black background as I have trouble lighting my white one sufficiently sometimes so keep it white. Regarding outside, it's a nice idea, but at 15 degrees it would've been difficult.

I would really like to see a bit more ratio in the lighting, it is nice and soft, but too even. As well I agree with the other poster, black just does not seem to be the right choice for this one. I would love to see a new version in the spring!

I like the idea, but I really don't like that we can't see her eyes. Perhaps if you had her hold the flower higher up and lowered your camera angle, we could see her face better and thus get some of the emotion that could really make this shot come together.

I kinda like the black, though it uses too much ink to print. Also, is it an illusion, or is the girl's eyes not in focus?

Great idea, but whats up with the softness?

Most reactions

Back