Hell just froze over...

It will be nice to have winter sports available when I go to (not) live there. Whoo-Hoo!

It went from freezing this morning to now a sticky heat & humidity wave.

I'm guessing, that you threw the Pentax in the trash can ...

It went from freezing this morning to now a sticky heat & humidity wave.

I'm guessing, that you threw the Pentax in the trash can ...

If I can't solve the mirror flop problem, then that's maybe where it will go ;) Although more accurately, it may go into KEH's trash once they refund my money!

So this "flopping", does it sound like a loose mirror? Or something loose inside? I thought it was mirror "slap" as in; when you release the shutter.

I know this is related to the Pentax K-x, but is it relative at all? Using Older Lenses with the PENTAX K-x | Ricoh Imaging Support

I think there are definitely similarities. Apparently, the mirror flop issue has to do with the connectors with certain lenses. I'm going to test out a few hacks that I read about and try it on different lenses that are purely manual - no "A" setting on the aperture at all.

Oh but nooooooo, it's the old film cameras that are so unreliable, don't bother with them, it'll be one thing after another... ;)

So this "flopping", does it sound like a loose mirror? Or something loose inside? I thought it was mirror "slap" as in; when you release the shutter.

It's not a loose mirror - it's the slap of the mirror flipping up and down without the shutter being released. I wouldn't have called it "mirror flop" but that seems to be what people have taken to calling it when discussing this issue.

It's not a loose mirror - it's the slap of the mirror flipping up and down without the shutter being released. I wouldn't have called it "mirror flop" but that seems to be what people have taken to calling it when discussing this issue.

Bet your kicking yourself now for not staring a "What DSLR should I buy" thread before purchasing. Because those are always so darn useful.. lol

Next thing you know it will be all:
  • how to make negatives from a digital file
  • best software for emulating film look
  • what chemicals are needed to develop a 32Gb memory card
  • what does the screen at the back do?
Enjoy.

It sounds as if it is a known problem. Whether it's a design flaw or a maintenance issue, I think I'd send it back. Your first ever DSLR should be one that you are happy to own and use.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back