Hell just froze over...

The K-7 has the same sensor from the K20D/Kx/Kr. It's a very solid body, but wasn't around long before the K-5 came out, which was basically the same body with a new sensor.

True. The K5 sensor is better at higher ISO but not all that much in normal range ISO shooting. I throw it out there as it has been sitting in a Lowepro bag in my closet since switching to M4/3. If I do not sell it, I will probably send it out to have an IR conversion done on it. I also have my old ist DS sitting right next to it.

Reactions: pez
The K-7 has the same sensor from the K20D/Kx/Kr. It's a very solid body, but wasn't around long before the K-5 came out, which was basically the same body with a new sensor.

True. The K5 sensor is better at higher ISO but not all that much in normal range ISO shooting. I throw it out there as it has been sitting in a Lowepro bag in my closet since switching to M4/3. If I do not sell it, I will probably send it out to have an IR conversion done on it. I also have my old ist DS sitting right next to it.

I want to have one of my old bodies converted to IR really bad! Maybe one of my K01's. But it's a conundrum which type of IR conversion to do.

eek.png

Convenience?? Whereas once I would carefully burn up a couple of rolls of say, Tri-X (which I had already spent time loading from a bulk roll into cassettes). Then, I'd stay up all night in the darkroom, picking out a few good frames, over-thinking, and ending up with a few prints that I was somewhat satisfied with. Nowadays, after making sure everything is charged and ready, I shoot about a million frames at wherever I decided to go. Then I go home and stay up all night deleting stuff, "post processing", and over-thinking everything. Takes about the same amount of time :(

Don't take it on one of your filmwasting walks you will be shot

I wouldn't dare! :D

Guys, the camera is going back. I think I'll take the advice of spending a bit more and getting a K50 new.
Did you ever get this worked out, Leonore?

Don't take it on one of your filmwasting walks you will be shot

I wouldn't dare! :D

Guys, the camera is going back. I think I'll take the advice of spending a bit more and getting a K50 new.
Did you ever get this worked out, Leonore?

I sent the K-r back to KEH and ended up with the K-7 from mctb mentioned above. Posted a couple of threads with shots from it: A walk with a digital camera and Old tricks with a new toy

Most reactions

Back