Hello Everyone! I am new and I have questions!

JinxyCatInk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jinxycatink.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello Everyone!

My name is Jinx, I am mostly just a digital artist, however, I am currently in progress to a project that I hope this community will help me with

I am creating an art magazine that features 4 different categories of art: Photography, Digital Art, Traditional Art, and Animation.

Every issue will have a slightly different category but the goal for this project is to reach out to Artists and non-Artists with information and education. For artists, I hope to give them information. The first issue will be about starting out and where to start, then with more issues, the more information that expands out. For Non-Artists, I hope to give them education about the insights of an artist. Most of the time, non-artist does not understand how hard being an artist is, so I have created sections called “Artist Articles” where artists are interviewed and get asked about their experiences and what they go through every day.

Although this is the goal I hope to achieve, I cannot because even though I’m just a digital artist, I have no experience in photography. I cannot create or think up content if I have no idea what content is suited for photographers. I have some ideas of what I want to create but I have no experience to know if any of it is actually a good idea.

SO, I hope you will be kind enough to help me with my questions and help me through this.

One of the questions is, what are things you have seen or asked yourself when you first started?

Did college help you with your path to be a photographer?

Is there anything you like to see in this magazine?

I am thinking about doing Equipment Review Articles so what is something you like to see reviewed or if you have already reviewed something, would you like to include it in the magazine?

I am welcomed to all kinds of ideas, and if you like to submit your own article, I would love to include it in the magazine.

Thank you for the reading

Welcome! Will this be a printed magazine or digital only? Sounds like an interesting prospect.

Welcome! Will this be a printed magazine or digital only? Sounds like an interesting prospect.
thank you <3 it will be both. the digital file will be free to all users so they can enjoy, but physical copies will be for sale for a small price to cover the supplies it costs.

Hi and welcome!

When I first started the main question was color or black and white - as they required different equipment.

College helped with a darkroom (it was years ago!), and an active photography club, but photography was not my main subject.

Then I wondered what type of photographer I wanted to be; sports, portrait, reportage, abstact?

One subject that you may want to cover - what's the difference between art and just a photograph? What makes it 'art'?

Hi and welcome!

When I first started the main question was color or black and white - as they required different equipment.

College helped with a darkroom (it was years ago!), and an active photography club, but photography was not my main subject.

Then I wondered what type of photographer I wanted to be; sports, portrait, reportage, abstact?

One subject that you may want to cover - what's the difference between art and just a photograph? What makes it 'art'?
This is very helpful, thank you for your reply!

SO, I hope you will be kind enough to help me with my questions and help me through this.

One of the questions is, what are things you have seen or asked yourself when you first started?
What the hell was I thinking?
Seriously, I grew up around photography and played int he darkroom from when I was about 4 years old.
For me though the journey has been a very weird and unusual travel for loads of reasons. Mostly the fact that I have caviar tastes with public water fountain budgets.

Went to a two year Comm Trade School. ironically yes it did, because during this time I was exposed to a whole gambit of industries and ideas that not only gave me ideas, but I discovered cross- industry concepts that relate to photography.

In depth reviews, and not the 300 word simple stuff.
I would love articles that talk at length about a specific subject or news or such.
One of the other aspects is interviewing people and having reviews on subjects OTHER than the usual latest and greatest hot toy from the big boys.
I would love to see articles on the who's and whats of people who use older equipment, do things simply and not chase megapixles.

I am thinking about doing Equipment Review Articles so what is something you like to see reviewed or if you have already reviewed something, would you like to include it in the magazine?
as above, the reviews of equipment shouldn't be just about the hottest latest mega-dollar toy that will be on sale for $20 on ebay in three years.
I want to see the CONCEPT of photography and its relation regarding the equipment.
Especially tips on field work, ideas and concepts for various sub- genres of photography.

Even a few articles on the wild cat stuff, like the Russian glass, or tilt-shift lenses, walking gear, and the like.

I am welcomed to all kinds of ideas, and if you like to submit your own article, I would love to include it in the magazine.

There are some folks from all walks of life that can give ideas and tips on just about anything. I too hope there are those that will submit articles.

I have to agree with one of the above posts. What would be nice if when a showing how to say edit a photo one does not have to have the latest all bells version of photoshop not all of us are pro,s . Maybe you could encourage out of the box thinking both in photographers and artists. I saw a brill item on day/night painting. Where the artist used normal and uv reactive paints to create two images on one canvas depending on how it was lit

Although this is the goal I hope to achieve, I cannot because even though I’m just a digital artist, I have no experience in photography. I cannot create or think up content if I have no idea what content is suited for photographers. I have some ideas of what I want to create but I have no experience to know if any of it is actually a good idea.
Are you considering a collaboration with a photographer for the photography section?

If not, why not?

What the hell was I thinking?
Seriously, I grew up around photography and played int he darkroom from when I was about 4 years old.
For me though the journey has been a very weird and unusual travel for loads of reasons. Mostly the fact that I have caviar tastes with public water fountain budgets.

Went to a two year Comm Trade School. ironically yes it did, because during this time I was exposed to a whole gambit of industries and ideas that not only gave me ideas, but I discovered cross- industry concepts that relate to photography.

In depth reviews, and not the 300 word simple stuff.
I would love articles that talk at length about a specific subject or news or such.
One of the other aspects is interviewing people and having reviews on subjects OTHER than the usual latest and greatest hot toy from the big boys.
I would love to see articles on the who's and whats of people who use older equipment, do things simply and not chase megapixles.

as above, the reviews of equipment shouldn't be just about the hottest latest mega-dollar toy that will be on sale for $20 on ebay in three years.
I want to see the CONCEPT of photography and its relation regarding the equipment.
Especially tips on field work, ideas and concepts for various sub- genres of photography.

Even a few articles on the wild cat stuff, like the Russian glass, or tilt-shift lenses, walking gear, and the like.

There are some folks from all walks of life that can give ideas and tips on just about anything. I too hope there are those that will submit articles.
thank you! i will be noting all of this down

Are you considering a collaboration with a photographer for the photography section?

If not, why not?
I am, I'm not sure how i can go about it. i have done artist interviews with photographers so i can include that in the magazine. i also have posted in other groups asking for help but no one really has wanted to do a collab on the magazine. a collab with a photographer would be very much benefited

Most reactions

Back