Hello from California!

sl0wkarate

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all! Austin here! Finally decided to man up and join a photography forum. Photography is a hobby for me, it gets me out of the house hah. But I will say that it has been growing on me a lot now that I have been actively making time to go out and shoot. I'm currently using a Nikon D90 with a kit lens on loan from a family member. Saving for my own which hopefully will happen sooner rather than later(looking at a Canon T2i). Any who, just thought I'd pop in to say hello! I'm excited to browse the forums and learn new stuff!

Welcome to the forum, enjoy. On a side note it may be better to buy nikon if you have a friend who uses nikon also. If you bought a different lens ye could loan/swap/borrow

Thanks! I've been thinking about that, a majority of the people I know have Canons. The family member I'm borrowing this from is just about the only person I know with a Nikon lol. But that being said, I may have the opportunity to pick up a D70 on the cheap so I may be able to swing both ways /shrug.

Thanks! I've been thinking about that, a majority of the people I know have Canons. The family member I'm borrowing this from is just about the only person I know with a Nikon lol. But that being said, I may have the opportunity to pick up a D70 on the cheap so I may be able to swing both ways /shrug.

Firstly Welcome! Second I shoot with a D70s, which has only minor tweaks on the D70, and let me say it is a great camera. Plenty of control and super responsive, and given that you can pick one up used for around $200 USD, not a bad place to start at all!

Thanks! The D70 I'm looking at possibly getting I'm hoping to snag for like $100-120. It's going to be just the body but still, it's a start. The lens the guy does have available for it is a Tokina 12-24mm f/4, but after doing some reading and price searching I believe it's a little bit out of my price range at this point in time. The plan is to pick up a 50mm f/1.8 after getting the body. Well we'll see how that goes haha.

Most reactions

Back