Hello from New England!

kachung

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey Everyone! My name is Katie, and currently I'm in the New England area. I'm a noobie to the forum and to photography in general. (I did a little film photog in high school). Currently I don't own a DSLR, and have been using my P&S or borrowing my dad's Nikon D70. I look forward to meeting a few people and learning some tips of the trade, hopefully gaining the courage (and the funds) to finally make the investment in my own DSLR.

Welcome fellow new Englander!

Don't get a Nikon, get a Canon :) haha

(don't start a flame war anyone, I am joking around)

Don't listen to this guy. He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. Nikon is far superior!

Nah, jk! It does seem like anytime a "purchasing my first dslr" thread pops up it quickly becomes a Canon vs. Nikon flame war.

Welcome to TPF Katie. Keep on saving up those pennies. I remember what it is like to be a poor, oh wait...I still am. :lol:
There is plenty of info and helpful people on the forum. (I try to be one of them whenever possible)

Don't listen to this guy. He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. Nikon is far superior!

Nah, jk! It does seem like anytime a "purchasing my first dslr" thread pops up it quickly becomes a Canon vs. Nikon flame war.

Welcome to TPF Katie. Keep on saving up those pennies. I remember what it is like to be a poor, oh wait...I still am. :lol:
There is plenty of info and helpful people on the forum. (I try to be one of them whenever possible)

Thanks for your advice guys! I'll keep them in mind when I start shopping for my own (hopefully sooner rather then later!)... Life of a college student... I never have money! :lmao:

I hear that! I never have money... yet I just found some spare money to get a new lens tho! haha

Thanks for your advice guys! I'll keep them in mind when I start shopping for my own (hopefully sooner rather then later!)... Life of a college student... I never have money! :lmao:

Unfortunately if you pick up photography as a hobby you will never have money. Oh and as for cameras. I am biased and will tell you Nikon ;) but they all make good stuff. Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, etc.. Try them out in person and see what feels good to you.

Most reactions

Back