Hello from Oregon

DDSilke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Silke and I am new here. I am originally from Germany but life now in Oregon.
I love taking pictures of my pointing dogs when I am out hunting. I had a Nikon Coolpix S8200 that took great pictures and I was very happy with it but it recently broke.
Now I am looking for a new camera that is not too big to carry around with me when I am bird hunting, that is more rugged than my old camera but also takes good pictures fast and I also take videos once in a while. I put my pictures on Facebook or on my website.
A friend recommended the Pentax WG-2 but after doing some research I found out that if you have to take pictures fast, the camera is too slow.
Do you guys have any recommendations? I also need a good zoom because my dogs are quiet a ways out sometimes.
Thanks a lot :D

Last edited:
Welcome to the site.

Welcome to TPF!

You might want to re-post your specific question in another section, Beginners or one of the gear-specific subforums. You may get more replies there. Enjoy the forum!

Thanks everybody.
I will post it somewhere else here in the forum. :D

Welcome from another Oregonian, new TPF member, and fellow dog lover. I'm especially fond of the German breeds, although mine is a German Shepherd.

Hello and welcome to the forum Silke!

Most reactions

Back