Hello from Southeast VA!

jessicaevans1062

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! I'm a former photography student, but learned on film. Got carried away with making a life with my husband, and by the time I picked a camera up again, digital had taken over and much of my knowledge (what I remembered!) was obsolete! I vowed to get back into it, because I truly love photography. So here I am! Trying to soak up as much knowledge and inspiration as someone is willing to throw at me.
I have a Canon T1i, I'm fairly happy with it, but I realize it's entry level and am really looking forward to updating to something nicer! I have always loved portraiture. I also love nature, but with 3 small kids I can't seem to find the time to wander in nature and take pictures.
Having my own photography business has been my dream since I was young, but it seems like now everybody and their mom is a photographer. It's going to be hard to show I'm serious and stand out from the growing group. I hope to learn lots here, and maybe contribute some knowledge too!

Welcome! Post some pics! :thumbup:

Welcome aboard. You'll probably find that not as much has changed, as you may think. Aperture is still aperture, shutter speed is still shutter speed and the ISO is basically still the same, only now we have a lot more choice and control over it. The rest is mostly bells & whistles.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back