Hello from Toronto - Looking to buy 5D MkII

cleanme

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

So as the subject says I live just outside Toronto and I joined this forum because I'm about to go and buy a Canon 5D MkII. But, they're really expensive in Toronto & Canada in general and I can't help but notice the significantly lower prices in the States. So I think I'm going to go across the border and buy one.

Anybody have any suggestions?

By the way, I should probably mention that I'm a Quadriplegic (www.bcopping.com) and my project this summer is to set up a rig to mount the camera to my chair as well as mount a Macbook Pro and hook it up to the 5d MkII via USB and use the Canon EOS Utility so I can finally take pictures myself again! U'm really excited at this prospect. I had turned a bit of a blind eye to cameras as I thought I would never be able to control one until I got really interested into the Hi-Def shooting DSLR's and in a video review saw the Canon Utility software, I went :mrgreen::D

So that's me!

Cheers,

Brad

Wow, Brad, that sounds like a great idea! It's nice to see you haven't given up on photography and have found a way to get back into the game! Do you have a system in mind for aiming the camera?

Yeah I figure I can move around with my chair and I can tilt back & forth. But I usually have someone with me that could move the camera on a mount, it'll be a new task to learn for sure.

Welcome to the forum.

You can't go wrong with B&H or Adorama when buying photo gear. I'm in Edmonton and I order most of my stuff from B&H because the local stores just can't compete with the prices, even after exchange rates and shipping.

Yeah I figure I can move around with my chair and I can tilt back & forth. But I usually have someone with me that could move the camera on a mount, it'll be a new task to learn for sure.

Maybe there is some servo mechanism you could control from your keyboard (sort of like those servos you see on security cameras)? I just did a quick google and found this for starters.

http://www.endurance-rc.com/pantilt.html

Maybe there is some servo mechanism you could control from your keyboard (sort of like those servos you see on security cameras)? I just did a quick google and found this for starters.

Endurance R/C - Pan and Tilt - Pan and Tilt Kits for cameras, robotics, and R/C projects

I was thinking in my head, down the road find a servo to move the camera but it never occurred to me to use a security camera type servo.

Big Mike, I'll check them out!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back