Hello from Wadsworth Ohio

photopro234

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Good evening photographers,

My name is Ralph Gantz-photopro234. I reside in Wadsworth Ohio with my wife of 17 years

Diana and our Terrier Mix Charlie. I have been a photographer for 16 years. Right now I'm

trying to sell my film camera equipment & accessories( go to buy &sell)/.

Welcome to the forum, assuming you are staying longer than until your film gear is sold.

I pointed out in your buy and sell thread that your price is absurdly high for the outdated equipment you are selling. Without adding it up, I would say about $5,000-7,000 too much, as your asking price was $10,000.

I do not expect your film gear to sell at that price.

Also you listed it for half the asking price on Craigslist if I recall correctly.

Hello Tyler The reason for the high price of my film cameras are that DLSLRS'S are going to be sky high in price. I'll need two for event photography and I think I'll need two for portraits, but I'm not sure.I have to buy accessories also.Ilive in an aprtment complex with no room for a studio. Any ideas on the studio project? You seem very well informed so express your views on how much my equipment should sell for and what I need to purchase.

I priced out all of your gear, and some of my pricing was quite generous. For example, the DCS5 probably isnt' worth $1000, but that's what I factored it as, neither is the duo-sync cord worth $50.

The grand total comes to: $2080

You say that the reason that you're listing them for so much, is because DSLR's are high in price. But look at it from this angle: I drive a Geo Metro, but I really want a Porsche... So I'm going to list my Geo Metro on Craigslist for $110,00.

See what I'm saying? I'm not trying to be hard on you, but you have to price your gear realistically.

How much room do you have to work with in your apartment? You can get decent camera and lens with a few lights for ~$2000, but I still think that estimate is a bit high. You should probably settle in for 1,700 if you actually find a buyer for all that gear at once.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back