What's new

Hello, my name is Scott and I'm a photoholic.

It isn't like it is rocket science as long as you have a decently exposed negative you can screw up quite a bit and still get something pretty darned printable.

True....but then again (ironically) I found some of my old pictures just this morning, it seems printing was where I had serious problems, they are all blown out like one would not believe, and I don't have the negs to to see what was up with them. I do know I could not have been over exposing that badly.
 
I don't want one that will do the dishes, just tune in cable. I know that the D3 will, I just can't find the tuner knobs. It has to get cable, it does everything else!

Haha, thats hilarious! I started to play with my new camera last night, and I think I am actually going to have to read the owners manual :confused:. It may have only been $400 but damn this camera packs a punch and keeps on going!

Dustin and Battou I haven't been in the dark room in 5 years, and man that is way too long! But I have done some pretty cool things with processing damaged negs, and then developing the film. One of these days by damnit I will get in the dark room again.
 
So you're still not developing your own B&W yet eh? You really need to get on that now that is control...


No, processing your own color film, lots more fun:
Scan-080831-0007.jpg


and cross processing is no longer an agonizing, painful experience trying to explain it won't screw up their chemistry:

2.jpg


btw battou, I have a XG-M and XG-7 as well as few lenses that could keep the XG-1 company....
 
Finally did some pictures with my Mini speed graphic. I can't tell if I'm getting the exposure crappy or the developing is off/developer is bad.
 
No, processing your own color film, lots more fun:
[IMG pulled for space]

and cross processing is no longer an agonizing, painful experience trying to explain it won't screw up their chemistry:

[IMG pulled for space]

btw battou, I have a XG-M and XG-7 as well as few lenses that could keep the XG-1 company....

Are you trying to tell me that you have some Minoltas and glass you are looking to part with :D
 
Oh great, epat, you got Battou all excited.. And we had just calmed him down!! :D
 
Hi guys sorry I haven't been on in a few days. I was out of town for a truck pull and I have been dealing with the loss of my little p&s camera.. :(
:(
Nikon coolpix p-80
it was a big step up from what i had so I am stoked!
:)
much better news!

as too is getting out in the golden hours for shooting!

Battou just how many more cameras do you need? ')
 
Yes it is good news, it is soo much better than my last one.. Yippee!!

I could use a few more... and a few more hands to take the shots with.
 
If I'm not mistaken (and perhaps being presumptive in regardiing the cost of first born these days), but Alpha has a Calumet for $75 in the Buy and Sell section, even after all the other odds and ends you need, you can still be well under $400.

erie
 
Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken (and perhaps being presumptive in regardiing the cost of first born these days), but Alpha has a Calumet for $75 in the Buy and Sell section, even after all the other odds and ends you need, you can still be well under $400.

erie

Maybe I'm wrong but I haven't seen a decent lens out there (besides the lenses for the old graphics) that goes for less than $300 with board and shutter say $50 on film holders gotta add a tripod somewhere in the $100-$200 range at least not much more than your mark and maybe I'm missing some good places to go buy lenses but that is stretching my possible budget a bit there. (by the way a firstborn is a bit more expensive but they're surely worth it.)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom