Hello! New here...

In number 8, is that a Brown Recluse? If it is you are one brave soul... Black Widows, Brown Recluses, and camel spiders are some of the few type of bugs the freak me out. The Praying Mantis pics are AWESOME!!!!!

Thanks guys/gals! :wink:

BoblyBill, yes, that is a brown recluse (Loxoceles reclusa). I spend some time every year down in Missouri, where theyre abundant. I also keep scorpions, tarantulas, centipedes, mantids, etc as pets. Im familiar with them and their temperaments, so Im not at all uncomfortable working inches from them. One must realize theyre not out to get you, rather they think the opposite! Theyre really neat creatures and make great subjects to shoot. Here are some older photos I took last year (they dont even have framing yet) of some other bugs I found in Missouri:

aae5a1e3.jpg

2238c443.jpg

89b758f8.jpg

L.jpg

BransonMOagriopeofsorts.jpg

4youngunvittatusinBranson.jpg

You have great shots there Friend. Too many to list, the macro shots of insects are very sharp. You should be getting them published!!!!!

so many images to talk about!

but in summary, all of them are incredible images.... the lighting is great in all of them! nice job!

Most reactions

Back