Hello.

James, Hi. Where in the world do you hail from and what type photography do you like? Hope to see some of your photos soon.

James, Hi. Where in the world do you hail from and what type photography do you like? Hope to see some of your photos soon.
Hi, Dean. I make a point of not displaying my wordly whereabouts on the Net. Not to be unsociable, but to maintain a modicum of privacy, (or should that be smidgen). :)

I like pretty much any form of photography, but I do lean towards nature. Nature's subjects aren't self-conscious. Currently I'm trying to set up a hide to take close-up pix and videos of my local bird population.

I put out mealworms on a platter in the back yard and watch as a local pair, with a young one, come and feed. The young one squawks and the parents feed it. Fun to watch. Magpies also come. Surprisingly, the crows retreat when the maggies arrive. I guess it's because magpies have longer, sharper beaks.

I'll be posting those pix when I get some good ones.

Let’s try to guess where you live.

Magpies
Magpies of the genus Pica are generally found in temperate regions of Europe, Asia and western North America, with populations also present in Tibet and high elevation areas of India, i.e. Ladakh (Kargil and Leh) and Pakistan. Magpies of the genus Cyanopica are found in East Asia and also the Iberian peninsula. The birds called magpies in Australia are, however, not related to the magpies in the rest of the world (from Wikipedia)

Crows.
The 45 or so members of this genus occur on all temperate continents except South America, and several islands (also Wikipedia).

So that narrows it down to pretty much the warmer parts of the planet.

You speak English but I don’t think that really eliminates any of the previous places. Just may lend to a more probable guess.

Does anyone know where GH5’s are sold? Is it only in the US?

Assuming James is actually your name and your birthday listed in your profile is correct, James is one of the top 5 names in the US for that year.

@JamesX if you don’t like this game let me know and I’ll delete this post. I don’t want to make you uncomfortable. It’s just a fun challenge.

Well, to be honest, TreeofLife, I'd rather not play. Don't want to sound anal or anything, but my privacy on the Net is something of a "thing" with me. I know it's not really secure no matter what, but I always try to minimise it wherever I can. Sorry. :)

I will say that where I live, I don't see any penguins... ;)

Most reactions

Back