What's new

Help & Advice: What camera to buy to start professional photograpghy

tender_heart

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 8, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
UAE / Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone,
Yes I am new to this forum. I would seek your professional advice on what camera to buy to start my professional photography era.

I was looking for the entry professional cameras and end up with the below list:

1. Canon EOS 50D
2. Canon D300S
3. Nikon D90

I am not sure if I am in the right path. And, still open for your recommendations and advice

regards,
O
 
You are not a pro, why would you want a pro camera


BTW none of those are pro cameras

FAIL
 
Hello Jimmy,
I know they are not. That's why I am looking for an entry level (first step) to professional photography. Picking a very high end professional camera won't be wise for me as a newbie for this.

I am open for any suggestions / recommendations
 
a pro camera does not a professional make

if you were good enough to be a pro you wouldn't need to ask this question...
 
Get a good entry level camera and start using it. Going pro takes more than just a camera and equipment, which I am sure you know.

Practice, learn, work hard at it. You want to put as much effort into your efforts of photography as you would getting a degree in college and then put more effort into it.

I'm not a pro, I enjoy my work as a hobbyist and will stay as such.

Do some research on the cameras you are interested in.
Do some research on the types of equipment that you may need [lights, lenses, etc.]
Compare and do some more research.
You yourself can make an informed decision!

Good luck.
 
Hello everyone,
Yes I am new to this forum. I would seek your professional advice on what camera to buy to start my professional photography era.

I was looking for the entry professional cameras and end up with the below list:

1. Canon EOS 50D
2. Canon D300S
3. Nikon D90

I am not sure if I am in the right path. And, still open for your recommendations and advice

regards,
O

What do you want to shoot? Bodies have different qualities and attributes. Some are better at sports and some are better at portraiture. And by the way, it's a Nikon D300s, not a Canon.

You are not a pro, why would you want a pro camera


BTW none of those are pro cameras

FAIL

So I've been wondering, are you 12? Most of your comments are demeaning and trite and you really remind me of the 12 year old kids that I hear yamering on, on PSN when trying play COD:MW2.

FAIL!!!! HAr har?!?! You're soooooo funny.... :grumpy:
 
Why wouldn't a regular person nor a beginner want a pro camera as long as they have the money?

Few years ago, I know a doctor just went out and drop 8 grands for a body and another couple grands for 2 lenses. He is not a pro, but he can. I do not see why not. If I have the money, why can't I start with a pro body and pro lenses?
 
^ Instead of asking "why not," I think the question is "why?" Bragging rights? Having a top-of-the-line camera and really expensive glass isn't going to make you a better or more capable photographer. You're just going to have a really expensive camera with more features than you can realistically use to take crappy shots with.

That being said, Canon and Nikon are pretty much interchangeable as far as quality. Find somewhere you can hold a few in your hands, play with the buttons, look through the viewfinders, etc. You can't go wrong with any of those on your list.
 
The misinformation in this thread is almost hilarious, thanks for the entertainment.
 
So I've been wondering, are you 12? Most of your comments are demeaning and trite and you really remind me of the 12 year old kids that I hear yamering on, on PSN when trying play COD:MW2.

FAIL!!!! HAr har?!?! You're soooooo funny.... :grumpy:
Im 13 GEEEZZZ OMG LIKE TTLY foreal BFFLs

gtfo

So um, you still play video games?
 
What's wrong with enjoying video games as an adult?
 
^ Instead of asking "why not," I think the question is "why?" Bragging rights? Having a top-of-the-line camera and really expensive glass isn't going to make you a better or more capable photographer. You're just going to have a really expensive camera with more features than you can realistically use to take crappy shots with.

Why so much venom? :-P

Give them the benefit of the doubt, and if you think about it, it's not so hard, eh?
You have money and you want to buy a laptop, you'll go for the top of the line laptop BECAUSE it performs better, and it holds true for most durable commodities. Isn't it very easy to see why people without any knowledge about photography think that about cameras too? :)
 
Professional photography covers a lot of areas and it is more a matter of what camera works best for the type of shooting you do and how competitive the market is, where you shoot.

The medium format Leica S2 or Red One would be unwieldy out in the field, but in the studio these cameras can give a photographer an edge in going after product or magazine work in a highly competitive market.

In photojournalism, fine details are less important than getting the shot which means that fast lenses, burst speeds, and other camera features that speed up your shooting are important. This often varies with the individual and his style of working.

In fashion and some other types of work, the compatibility to be able to work with accessories is important such as remotes and strobes and in some cases unique specialty lenses.

At the beginning a pro may buy one camera, but as the business changes many pros replace their camera every 3 years and rent cameras for special projects as well. So, with experience, the camera itself becomes less important, than what you can do with it.

skieur
 
Hello everyone,
Yes I am new to this forum. I would seek your professional advice on what camera to buy to start my professional photography era.

I was looking for the entry professional cameras and end up with the below list:

1. Canon EOS 50D
2. Canon D300S
3. Nikon D90

I am not sure if I am in the right path. And, still open for your recommendations and advice

regards,
O

For those of you who haven't noticed that :)

Tender, you'd want to do some research and probably start off with an entry level DSLR-I just bought myself one, after a LOT of reading- a Canon Rebel XSi. Anyway, do some research, see what suits your needs- read a LOT- In my short stint with photography, that's one thing I've realised, no substitute for hard work. If you come back with some specific questions and doubts, I'm sure most here will be more than ready to help you and clarify them for you. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom