Help & Advice: What camera to buy to start professional photograpghy

Give them the benefit of the doubt, and if you think about it, it's not so hard, eh?
You have money and you want to buy a laptop, you'll go for the top of the line laptop BECAUSE it performs better, and it holds true for most durable commodities. Isn't it very easy to see why people without any knowledge about photography think that about cameras too? :)
Oh, I certainly know why consumers think that way; I shoot archery competitively, and I can't tell you how many people you come across who will say "if I only have X piece of equipment, I'll be a much better shooter" or constantly change arrows, releases, sights, etc., rather than saying "if I get a coach and practice proper technique a lot more I'll be a better shooter." I just don't agree with enabling that mindset, per se.

So I've been wondering, are you 12? Most of your comments are demeaning and trite and you really remind me of the 12 year old kids that I hear yamering on, on PSN when trying play COD:MW2.

FAIL!!!! HAr har?!?! You're soooooo funny.... :grumpy:
Im 13 GEEEZZZ OMG LIKE TTLY foreal BFFLs

gtfo

So um, you still play video games?

Yes. You still play with Barbie dolls?

What's wrong with enjoying video games as an adult?

Not much...I mean, you really have to be an adult to enjoy them. $500 for the system, $240 in less than a month for 4 games. Almost $2000 for a computer...I'm glad the government pays me well.

What's wrong with enjoying video games as an adult?

i loled

No snide comment? I figured we'd at least hear that from you.

tender, can you tell us a bit about your experience as a photog, and what type of photography you want to get into?

at first glance, it looks like you may be putting the cart before the horse, but again, we dont know about your skills as a photog.

fill us in with your experience and where you'd like to focus, and i think you will get great recommendations based on those variables.:thumbup:

welcome to the forums by the way! :D

I'm in my 20's and I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead on the PC. Good practice for the real zombie wars. Only other thing to do for fun in Ohio is drink yourself stupid.

Also, this thread DESERVES to be this off topic. "What camera is good?"

I'm in my 20's and I really enjoyed Left 4 Dead on the PC. Good practice for the real zombie wars. Only other thing to do for fun in Ohio is drink yourself stupid.

I tried to buy "Pride & Prejudice & Zombies" this weekend.

Fair enough. I lol at most of your posts.

For mis-information or plain stupidity?

I'm thinking for both...

Fair enough. I lol at most of your posts.

I'm thinking for both...

have an example?

Go get something you can afford....Any of those camera's are nice and will get as good an image as any...for many years I've shot magazine covers with a Canon 20d..to often we get caught up in the gear and forget that it's the final image that's important not as how you got there. It's almost more important to have a good knowledge in photoshop. Take a look at my website and you'll get some tips for free!!

I'm thinking for both...

have an example?

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...out-picture-control-settings.html#post1855025

I really enjoy my 50D I upgraded from a Canon XT. Its quite a huge difference in quality and size. You will also wnat to look for some decent glass. Oh and I dont care what anyone says a top of the line professional camera and lens will always take a better picture than a beginner or entry level camera. Go ask any pro!

Oh and I dont care what anyone says a top of the line professional camera and lens will always take a better picture than a beginner or entry level camera. Go ask any pro!
Do you realize the irony packed into that statement? Just wondering.

Not to mention you're wrong. If you can't compose an interesting picture, the most expensive equipment in the world isn't going to save you.

I didn't find much difference in quality or ease of control between my XSi and 5DmkII.

...or did I?

Oh and I dont care what anyone says a top of the line professional camera and lens will always take a better picture than a beginner or entry level camera. Go ask any pro!
Do you realize the irony packed into that statement? Just wondering.

Not to mention you're wrong. If you can't compose an interesting picture, the most expensive equipment in the world isn't going to save you.

I said nothing about composing or if its interesting. If you take the same shot with both a top of the line camera and low end or entry level camera there will be a difference in quality!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back