Help ASAP

ThisIsWeinberg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys. So the past few months I got really into photography. I've loved it in the past but I received my dad's old camera which got me more into it. My dad's old camera is a nikon d40X. I've been using it and I'm not going to lie, it takes amazing pictures. The problem is that the megapixels aren't the best, ISO only goes up to 1600 and it's just an older camera (2007). What this thread is about is what camera is should get next. I shoot in manual, I know what ISO, shutter, and aperture are (I don't get it 100% still but I have some knowledge.) I don't want to get a super fancy DSLR, but I also don't want to get a "beginners" DSLR. I'm willing to spend up to around 500 and I really only want the body because I already have lens'. Thanks.

Last edited:
You might find a used D7000 within your budget.

Go to KEH site, put in your constraints: Body only, Nikon, up to $500. As of a minute ago 18 bodies were available - not all are upgrades but it does give you an idea of what you could expect to find on the used market. Pick some choices that appeal to you and then do a bit of research to narrow your decision.

Nikon D3200 is in your budget, excellent camera, will give you all you need and more.
Mind you a camera with no lenses aint worth much so find budget for lenses too.

As Soon As Plausible ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back