Help needed for taking macro/close up with Polaroid iX6038 Bridge camera

Discussion in 'Digital Discussion & Q&A' started by Andrew Penniall, May 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Andrew Penniall

Andrew Penniall TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hi I take macro/closeup. My camera only has f6.5 and f3.2 on Spirits priority. I have a macro button. I also have manual, apeture priority, shutter priority, program, auto modes, scene, video, continue shooting.
    Shutter can go 8.0, 4.0, 2.0, 1.0, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/15, 1/30, 1/60, 1/125, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, 1/2000.
    I mostly use program for macro/closeup, but on shutterstock I get picture rejections - Noise/artifacts/film grain and mostly focus. I try to focus the best I can and steady the camera. I want to use manual settings. My photos are anything from flowers close up to issuing a table to steady the camera an photographing small objects.
    I need advice please, can anyone help.
    Thanks.

2. Overread

Overread has a hat around here somewhere Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Is this the same camera phone that you mention in your other thread? If so then you might find you're rather limited in practical terms. For example the aperture values are likely limited by the lens setup, but also by the fact the sensor is so tiny that aperture variation might not show much difference in depth of field in a practical sense.

Your shutterstock rejections are likely a result of multiple factors, however most stock companies want very very good quality photos beyond what most phones achieve (even today with very solid good quality phone cameras). Without showing us examples of your photos though we can't guess at the reasons and errors and it could be the result of several factors combined.

In addition note that most people focus for macro using manual focusing, setting the focus point where they want manually and then moving the camera closer/further away to move the focus through the scene and then take the photo at the right moment. If its a camera then anti-shake might or might not be helping (most anti-shake only counters up/down left/right motion and not back/forwrad which comes into play for macro). In addition if your holding it at arms length away from your body your hand and arm will shake more so than if its held closer to your body and your centre of gravity, though phones are quite light so good light should let you get the shutter speed fast enough. Again without examples its hard to guess at what the error(s) might be.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave442

Dave442 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Better lighting on the subject and use a tripod.
    Set camera at ISO 100 and f/11.
    With camera on tripod, use the self timer feature to trip the shutter, use either the 2 second or 5 second delay option.