Help needed - Spyder 3 Calibration

Samerr9

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all

I had some problems with white balance lately, especially on forums where people say I am having a green tint in my photos! So I decided to calibrate my screen. I am using the spyder3. Honestly, after I calibrated I saw everything turning out to be yellow and darker.

Kindly help me out on this specially the people with properly calibrated screens. Below is the same image with two manual white balance edits. The first photo is the one edited before I calibrate. When I calibrated the sky was yellow and doesn't look good. So I played with the levels and got satisfied with the second edit. So which looks better on your screen?

Your help on this is really much appriciated. Thank you.

Before calibration:
nena-sky.jpg

After calibration:
nena-sky-cl.jpg

On iPhone, the second looks much better, the first has a yellow/green tint.

The after calibration is much improved!

Thank you guys for your time and the quick help. I am glad that both of you came with the same liking so I am starting to believe in it :) But I would still like to hear it from someone with a calibrated screen..

By the way.. this is a composite picture. The girl shot was taken in studio and I replaced the background with the sky incase someone would like to comment on that too :)

Thank you guys for your time and the quick help. I am glad that both of you came with the same liking so I am starting to believe in it :) But I would still like to hear it from someone with a calibrated screen..

I am on a calibrated screen and I suspect the other reply is also. The original is a bit yellow green.

Can I calibrate an iPhone screen? Lol :p

Boy, I read that well! Though... I have to mention that I have discovered iphone screens to be incredibly more accurate than you'd ever expect!

Honestly, after I calibrated I saw everything turning out to be yellow and darker.
You need to give your eyes (and brain) a little while to adjust.

I am on a calibrated screen and I suspect the other reply is also. The original is a bit yellow green.

Glad to read that :) Thank you Mleek

Thetrue, if you screen is not calibrated test the WB on the Iphone screen :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Try looking at an 18% grey card for a bit. Doing so can help when your eyes need calibrating. I calibrate with the Eye 1 match and the second image definitely looks more accurate on my monitor.

Try looking at an 18% grey card for a bit. Doing so can help when your eyes need calibrating. I calibrate with the Eye 1 match and the second image definitely looks more accurate on my monitor.

I liked it "my eye needs calibration now" :)

Thank you for the tip, will try it now..

Most reactions

Back